Quantcast

Hisense Pulse Remote Mic Problems

Discussion in 'Hisense Pulse' started by Michael57, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Michael57

Michael57 New Member

Just bought the Hisense Pulse. Setting up the microphone in tutorial gets to page 3 and the mic on remote isnt heard or recognized. Is there a fix for this?? I have a new 42' Sharp, 1080p/120hz. Ive read many complaints about the mic not working but most of the posts state that there wil be fixes and release of new firmware in April 2013. Whats going on with Google and Apple...i tried to open the Google TV up with my iPhone 4S....hoping it might work. It didnt...push on mic and the app shuts down and back to main screen. I also noticed about the LG tv only being compatible...is there something im missing??? Thank you

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I don't believe Hisense ever activated the microphone on the Pulse remote. Seems odd because why would they have built it there in the first place. But nonetheless there have been numerous posts about the Pulse microphone being useless.

If Hisense ever realeases the Pulse Pro set-top box that will for sure have a voice remote.

3. gtvfriends

gtvfriends New Member

I just fired up my Hisense Pulse, the Mic is working, but it's very buggy, it's almost as if it has a 25 second delay. When i hit the Mic button and it doesn't work, I'll put the remote down and then i see the red circle picking up the noise in the house. If you use the Google TV Remote it works fine.

On another note, i have the Hisense Smart TV, the Mic works great on the remote, i even have Google Now installed on the TV, the Mic is always listening, so at any time if i say "OK Google" and then a command, it does its thing.

• Like Like x 2
  4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Just to clarify - the solution for the Hisense Pulse is to install the Google TV Remote app from the Play Store - and then the mic works good?

*OK sorry I misunderstood your post. I take it the Google remote app is downloaded on an android device and the android device has voice search with the Hisense Pulse. However the mic on the Pulse remote would still be buggy....

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  5. gtvfriends

gtvfriends New Member

I guess i should have clarified that, if you use the Google TV Remote on your phone/tablet the voice search works great. There's also another app that works, it's called SureMote
    it works just as the GTV remote, but it has dedicated buttons for the popular apps, and it's still in beta so if there's anything you would like to see in the app the developer will try to add it.

If the new Hisense Pro is going to be anything like this Hisense Vision Smart TV, i think there will be some complaints from the people that buy them. The home page is a mess, there's no way to organize the apps, there's no alphabetical order, there's no way to uninstall apps unless you go into the settings everytime. There's no widgets, no screen saver, i could go on and on.

• Like Like x 2