Quantcast
  1. DanGarion

DanGarion New Member

For the past year my wife and I have been contemplating getting one of the GoogleTV devices, so recently we sold our PS-3 (I never used it, would rather use my XBox360) and bought a Sony NSZ-GT1. Just a little background on my TV experience. I ran XBMC on a soft modded Xbox for many years, going so far to set it up for a couple of friends as well. As the quality of videos has increased and the cost of large hard drives decreased I recently purchased a AppleTV, rooted it, and installed XBMC on it as well. In addition I have a Boxee Box (D-link) in another room of my house that I enjoy. Everything I watch or listen to on these devices are media that I've purchased and then ripped into my preferred formats all saved on a D-Link DNS-323 that I have hacked with Alt-F firmware on it.

My whole house is wired with Cat-5 ethernet since I prefer to use that instead of wireless for streaming.

If you want to know more about my setup just ask, I'm more than willing to provide information on how I have things working.

I've worked for one of the large cable companies for about 15 years and most recently I train technicians how to installations and other things.

2. Boomn4x4

Boomn4x4 New Member

That's a lot of hacking and ripping... pretty cool how Google TV too pretty much takes every thing you have just mentioned and stuck into one box

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

3. chopper

chopper Active Member

I like the idea of cat 5 whole house. Not sure we won't find out that wifi is a health hazard in the future.