Quantcast

Here's Everything You Need to Know About Black Seed Oil

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by guoos, Nov 11, 2019.

1. guoos

guoos Member

The substance was identified as a top 10 natural foods trend in 2018 by Natural Grocers, which touted its effectiveness in treating various health conditions. But what exactly is black seed oil, is it really that good for you, how the heck are you supposed to consume this dark, mysterious liquid?

Black seed—also called black caraway, black cumin, black onion seed and kalonji—comes from Nigella sativa, a flowering shrub that grows in Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Asia. It contains chemical compounds called thymoquinone and caryophyllene that have been linked to certain health benefits, explains Stephanie Ferrari, a Massachusetts-based registered dietitian.

The substance has been used medicinally for thousands of years. In fact, historians believe that King Tut, Cleopatra, and Hippocrates ingested black seed for an array of conditions, including malaise, weakness, coughing and skin care

2. vogoisk

vogoisk Member

What about black seed oil for hair care? I prefer mixing it with other oils to make it milder. I have found many recipes of masks for Long-Tail. I prepare them and then gently rub the mass into the scalp with a light massage movement. After that, I wait about 30 minutes and then gently comb the strands so that the mask is evenly distributed throughout the hair. Great result.