Quantcast

Help with Kodi on Toshiba Android TV

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Andrew Witham, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Andrew Witham

Andrew Witham New Member

Hello, I just bought a new Toshiba Android TV. I chose it because I want to run Kodi and connect Kodi to my Samba Linux server. I have other Android TV boxes in the house and was using an Intel NUC with the previous dumb TV. Everything except my new TV will connect to my server with a SMB share in Kodi just fine. Kodi on my TV won’t browse my network or connect when I add the correct path, it just either shows nothing or says something like invalid argument. It’s got me stumped. I can see the TV’s built in Chromecast on my LAN so I know the TV is connected to the LAN. The TV will play Netflix, YouTube etc just fine. I installed a file browser app on the TV and I can see all my media on my server and even play it on Kodi, but can’t add the files to my Kodi library. I must be missing something? Any help would be much appreciated. I’m beginning to wonder if I should have bought the Sony TV instead....

2. Andrew Witham

Andrew Witham New Member

Solved.
    I didn't capitalise the name of the Samba share.
    When I set up my Samba server ages ago, I put the first letter of the name of the Samba share in capitals.
    The path I unsuccessfully tried to connect with was;
    "smb://server-name/movies"
    when it should have been;
    "smb://server-name/Movies"
    Working fine now.
    You'd think after all the times I've done this I would have remembered. My bad.