Quantcast

Help with DishNetwork workaround

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by Augster, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Augster

Augster New Member

I have dishnetwork and a Revue. I have 2 DVR's, upstairs and downstairs. Upstairs my DVR goes to my Revue to my TV.

Downstairs, my DVR has a DishNetwork Remote Access Slingbox connected to it.

If I go to DishNetwork.com on my computer or Iphone I can access Remote Access and watch my downstairs DVR over the web.

So I went to DishNetwork.com on my Revue. The site is optimized for Revue as it should be. When I went into Remote Access, all I could see was the grid. It wouldn't let me watch TV over the web from my other tuner to my Revue.

I have done the "renaming" trick of calling the Revue "Desktop" in order to access Fox, HGTV, etc. etc.

If someone can give me a workaround for this, it'll eliminate needing the upstairs DVR. Moreover, I'll be able to bring my Revue anywhere with WiFi and an HDMI TV and watch TV from home.

Hopefully one of you geniuses know the answer to this as I've done all I can think of.;)

Thanks for the help!

2. Augster

Augster New Member

Nobody else has tried this? Minority of 1.

3. TheSanTechnologist

TheSanTechnologist New Member

DISH's site specifically says the Remote Control feature only works on the following browsers: IE, Firefox, and Safari. Chrome isn't supported therefore since it is Chrome within the GTV i'm going to guess this is where your problems begin.