Quantcast

HELP!! TV not turning on :/

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by TitormzLGG255, Jul 17, 2014.

1. TitormzLGG255

TitormzLGG255 New Member

What's up guys, new to this forum. I have an LG Google tv, 55in Led Smart tv, G2 series. Been trying to do my research on what exactly might be wrong/how to fix it, but, nothing. I need y'all's help. Maybe someone can provide info on deciphering this puzzle.

2. ericd

ericd Active Member

Just spit-balling, but anytime my LG does anything out of the ordinary, I unplug the power cord then plug it back in after a couple minutes. That usually fixes the problem but I've never had my TV not turn on. You may end up having to call customer service

• Like Like x 2
  3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Are you sure that your remote is working? Are the batteries fresh? I don't own the LG television but on most TVs there should also be physical controls (buttons) on the TV to turn it on & off. Have you tried turning on the TV directly from the button on the TV?

Try resetting your remote. Fomol620 gave the instructions on another thread:

1) press and hold 'back' and 'home' both at the same time
    2) a solid red light should be show up on the remote while you are depressing these two buttons at the same time...
    3) the red light will start to blink, when this happens let go of the buttons
    4) press the 'gesture' button and you should see a message at the bottom of the screen saying "magic motion remote registered successfully' ..or something like that

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  4. TitormzLGG255

TitormzLGG255 New Member

Yes, I've actually called customer service and they ran me through some basic trouble shooting, but nothing that got my screen to turn on. Now, you mentioned the "pulling the plug out" was that from both ends or one end in particular? Because I did pull it out of the plug and even tried different outlets to see if that changed anything, but still nothing.

5. TitormzLGG255

TitormzLGG255 New Member

The remote should be ok, I switched out the batteries a while back and also I use my Xfinity remote to turn it on most of the time. Costumer service for me to try turning it on from the actual tv but nothing happened. It just flashes red from an led at the bottom. Does one short flash, followed by two longer flashes.

6. ericd

ericd Active Member

I just pull the cord out of the back of the set, just because it's easier for me to access. I'm not sure if it makes a difference in your case. Can you turn the set on with the button on the TV? That would at least rule out a remote pairing issue

7. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Is there a reset button on the LG Google TV models, not the remote but the set itself? If so of course try that if it hasn't already been tried. I used to use the reset button on my Logitech Revue once in a while, it appeared to do more than just unplugging or rebooting.

• Like Like x 2
  8. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

The reset procedure for LG TV's using the physical buttons were posted in the Google TV Community and if you do this read each step carefully as you never know if this will fix the problem or make it worse if you do something wrong.

It was used by others in the past when an update made the tvs load a waiting screen and would not get past that and the number for lg's customer service is on that page as well in case you want to verify the steps work for your tv.

https://plus.google.com/+JohnHultman/posts/cEqtZvLC4w2

• Like Like x 2
  9. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Before resetting it , make sure your tv is switched to the right input as your tv may be on when you see those lights flash red but your channel input is showing a channel with no signal.

My dads does this witch his samsung and he is constantly turning it off and on trying to fix it when I just take the remote and press the input key and switch the tv to the right input that has the satellite on it or change to over the air tv

• Like Like x 2
  10. TitormzLGG255

TitormzLGG255 New Member