Quantcast

Help! Stuck on Vizio loading screen after factory reset

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by racketier, Jan 13, 2013.

1. racketier

racketier New Member

I've been having a lot of trouble with my remote not responding lately. I finally decided to do a hard reset. I used the button on the bottom of the Costar, and now my Costar is stuck on the loading screen with the Vizio V logo. I left it on over night and it never finished loading.

I've tried unplugging and replugging the device's power several times. I've also tried holding the reset button while the device was unplugged and while plugged in.

Anyone else experience this or have ideas for a fix?

Thanks

2. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Plug your Co-Star in again (Power On), do the reset holding the reset button in for about 30 seconds, when your Co-Star comes back on, unplug it for about 15 minutes ... Now power up your Co-Star again and run the set up .... If this does not work, repeat the very same steps and unplug your Co-Star for 30 minutes this time ...! It will reset, don't panic, just be patient ... Make sure all connections are firm and tight ...!

3. racketier

racketier New Member

I called Vizio's support and even their level 4 tech's had never seen this issue before. I spoke to a manager there and was able to get Vizio to send me a new unit (with a hold on my CC for the charge until I return the old unit).

4. bdcfam

bdcfam New Member

Mine is doing the same thing.. It started with the remote not responding now it just shows the V and doesnt move on

5. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Usually this is a system reset problem, and fixed by holding in the reset button for 30 seconds, followed by unplugging your Co-Star for about 15 minutes .... then run the set up again ...!

6. bdcfam

bdcfam New Member

It finally did a reset but now it locks up after 5 minute and the remote doesnt work. I contacted Vizio support they are sending me out a new one

7. racketier

racketier New Member

This is my second Vizio Costar, and I'm having this same issue again. I tried your advice above but no luck, still stuck on the loading screen (Vizio logo and a spinning progress bar at the bottom that doesn't actually show progress).

Very frustrating. I think I'm done with GoogleTV.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Phillykef

Phillykef New Member

I had the exact same issue with my 1st replacement co-star, which was refurbished. It worked perfectly for 3 months and then just died, with the same stuck on the V screen and factory resets not working at all. Vizio just sent me another replacement, a brand new unit, so we'll see what happens.

9. LegalITGuy

LegalITGuy New Member

I saw the same problem, stuck on the V screen, wont respond or do a thing. The fix was surprisingly easier. Sure, I tried the factory reset (no help) and turning it off for 15 minutes, then 30 minutes, even went to an hour before I realized that wasnt helping. So I saw they are available at Best buys and just grabbed a new one. SURPRISE - the same problem on a brand new unit! how can this be? it was the power supply. That cheesy $0.05 power adapter they laughingly include in the box is not good enough for children's toys much less a device hooked up to your entertainment system. When i use a brand new power adapter the old "broken" one started working again. I do not think this piece of crap will last more than a few weeks if that so I will replace with a real dc adapter. The manufacturers of the device are idiots - the put a cheap part and the entire device will sink due to the short-sightedness of some bean counter. Yet another reason to keep the marketing boneheads away from the engineering department.

• Like Like x 2
  10. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I have read in the Logitech Revue Forum where some users also complained that the screen was stuck on the initial Splash Screen - and wouldn't boot to the home screen. The same fixes mentioned here such as factory resets and unplugging were suggested to no avail. Fortunately I have never encountered that problem with my Revue. But could this issue also involve bad power adaptors on the Revue also? It's hard to say - but thanks for passing along your information in dealing with the Co-Star.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Update: I went back and searched the Logitech Revue Forum for "splash screen" and "stuck on splash screen". I found what I would describe as several separate issues.

1) Revue boots to splash screen momentarily but then briefly flashes red and screen turns grey. Users reported various combinations of factory resets and unplugging fixed that issue eventually.

2) Revue boots momentarily to Flash Screen but then screen turns blue and "no signal" message on screen. Fix was to make sure HDMI cables fit snugly.

3) A Revue user had a power outage while his Revue was rebooting and it froze on the splash screen. No fix was mentioned but it appears to of been caused by the electrical problem.

4) Some users booted to an endless loop of the splash screen, step 5 of the sign-up process, and a triangle with an exclamation mark. The triangle with the exclamation mark through it is something that I have experienced. I believe it is due to corrupt firmware with no real fix other than exchanging the box:

5) Revue boots to a screen with triangle and exclamation mark through triangle. Screen stays frozen there. Appears to be a firmware issue and box needed to be replaced:

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/forum...orum-board:revue&q=Splash+Screen#message-list

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  11. jts4321

jts4321 New Member

my remote was not responding, called support line, and was able to re-sync the remote by pressing the Q, Space and - simultaneously. (The Dash is on the opposite side of the keyboard side of the remote, bottom right.) Hope this helps.

12. Alaska4Me

Alaska4Me Member

I hope you have a squaretrade warranty as I do..it saved my bacon pretty much,when I had taken the 5.6 my previous co-star went "RIP" and locked up like yours.
    they sent me a brand new co-star(vizio did) and I've been thankful for their patience and help.

13. stevors97

stevors97 New Member

My remote also stopped responding, called tech support and was told how to reset Co-Star remote control when it seizes up.

On keyboard side of remote hold down Q and = and space bar simultaneously for 15 seconds. Then remove batteries for 10 seconds. Then reinsert batteries and perform a total remote setup. It worked!

• Like Like x 2