Quantcast

Help please, gallery app is not working

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by mquest, Feb 21, 2011.

1. mquest

mquest New Member

Just got a new Sony google TV. Having a lot of fun setting things up but I'm stuck on how to get the Gallery app working. I've set up a Google account and a Picasa webpage. I have 2 photo albums out there. I thought that's all I needed to do but when I go into Gallery it says No Picasa accounts found, please add account or enable picasa syncing in an existing account. The only option at this point is to "add account". So I click on that, and the next screen says "set up your google account" and I click Next. then I'm given 2 options - create a google account or sign into an existing account. Since I already have an existing account I choose Sign In. then I type in my username and password and click sign in. It says signing in then the final screen appears. It says "Accounts & sync" It lists my gmail account, then Data & synchronization, then Sync Queue with a checkmark. Then there's a Finish button. So I click Finish. Then I get a blank screen with the word Gallery in the top left corner. That's it. Am I doing something wrong?
    Thanks

2. lucas710

lucas710 New Member

Camby IN---------------------------Sony 40" GTV
    Hey mquest,

You might need to power your Google TV off all the way then back on, not a quick power off, but a full power off.

Hope this helps

3. TheSanTechnologist

TheSanTechnologist New Member

You'll need to remove your google account from the GTV and re-add it. I'm guessing you put in your google account into your GTV first and then created a picassa album? There is an account sync bug that seems to still exist.

4. waynew73

waynew73 New Member

This was the perfect answer...I had created Picasa after having bought a Google TV. I deleted the account from the Google TV, which ended up requiring a factory reset, because it was the primary account behind the Google TV and then re-setup and it worked perfectly.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Tapatalk