Quantcast

Help--OOBE error and more

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by gianniM, Sep 12, 2013.

1. gianniM

gianniM New Member

Hi there,

I just got a used Vizio Co-Star and it was seemingly working correctly out of the box. Plugged it in, went through setup, remote and screen adjust, wifi settings, and then I started updating. It proceeded to update to the May 2013 update, but since then all hell broke loose!

It restarted with an Activity OOBE not responding error (WTF is that?) and asks if I want to force quit or wait. Either selection brings me to the "Get Started" screen, or it reboots on it's own if I don't make a choice within 3-5 seconds, and keeps looping through that if I don't do anything.

I proceed through the setup again, and attempt to connect the remote (though I am using it for the menu) and it crashes and reboots again to the same screen. I can't do anything else at all. I've attempted to reset it 3 times to factory settings, went through it with Vizio's technical support as well.
    They told me it is defective, but I just wanted to see if anyone else went through the process I am because I bought it from an auction website that everyone knows and loves and if I can get it to work without going through the hassle of dealing with sellers that would be great!

I've also searched oobe on this forum and no luck :(

Thanks!
    John