Quantcast

HELP: Google TV: Choppy Audio/Video DIRECTLY connected high speed connection wtf!!

Discussion in 'Google TV Major Issues' started by cmarston@exemplarlaw.com, Dec 10, 2010.

1. cmarston@exemplarlaw.com

cmarston@exemplarlaw.com New Member

HELP!

I bought my box a month ago and half of the time I get completely jarbled and choppy audio on everything - the video is fine! So frustrating. I am a relatively savvy guy. I am connected via Ethernet directly to the cable modem and I have the best connection money can buy (high speed) and I am in Boston, and NOBODY is tapping into my bandwidth. . . I don't use wireless. So, this box is completely useless if my audio is a garbled mess. The problem seems to be intermittent and I don't know what to do. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Christopher!

2. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

Well, I guess you better describe/map your audio setup. How are you connected?

3. cmarston@exemplarlaw.com

HI there,

I don't know how to remap/reset, but I would love to. I am connected directly via Ethernet to the box. It is VERY peculiar, because it seems like every time I turn on the box I Get that problem (video is fine...but audio is chopped to hell and incomprehendable) Then, after a long time of trying everything it sound OK (but I mean like 30 mins and I cannot attribute any of it to what I am doing -- turning things on and off) I have the very best high-speed cable modem and service, so that is not it (if it were, it would not jsut start working all of a sudden)

I don't know how or where in any settings to make changes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'll try anything. (I tried resetting my modem, and powering everything on and off already)

4. cmarston@exemplarlaw.com

HI there,

I might know what you mean now....there is no audio setup really.....the Modem is directly connected to the box adn the HDMI cable is directly connected to my TV. The audio is coming from the TV Speakers. Works fine on TV, also after some period of time that the box is on (but I have not figured out why or how).

Are there any settings you are aware of? Any problem that would cause video to be fine but audio to be chopped to hell? Such an odd problem, I think.,

5. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

If I understand correctly, you have a simple HDMI cable from GTV to TV? What make/model TV is it? If I can't help, we do have Google techs on the site from time to time, and I'm sure they'd like to know any hookup issues like this, so they can resolve them! :)

6. cmarston@exemplarlaw.com

HI Alpha,

It is a Septre 42" LCD connected via HDMI to the TV, correct. I have no problems with the audio at all from the DVD player on my Google TV box or the TV, so i have a feeling it is something else causing the problem.

Also, recently, when the everything finally works, sometimes everything just stops and 3-5 seconds and continues (audio/video pauses). Any idea what causes that? THat's also very annoying. Money cannot buy a faster connection, so it must be the box?

7. GTV Daniel

GTV Daniel New Member

8. cmarston@exemplarlaw.com

Thank you. I will look into this and reply back

9. rcgoogletv

rcgoogletv New Member

I have the exact same problem as the op, same set up, same audio problem.

when op has the fix/answer, please respond to the thread. thanks in advance.

I feel it's something to do with the googletv -> TV set up, as the googletv always tries to find the HDMI input device which seems the culprit. just a guess.