Quantcast

Help configuring smart remote with Sagemcom cable box

Discussion in 'LG Internet TV' started by Efex, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Efex

Efex New Member

Hi,

I have an LG 47GA6400 that came with the smart remote but since I'm not in the US I don't know how to control my cable box with the smart remote.
    The Sagemcom cable box that comes with my cable provider is not in the list and so I can't use just the smart remote to control both devices (Tv and cable box)

Anyone knows how can I do it?

Also, beeing outside US means I can't configure my cable provider with the TV to use the LiveTv functionallity and see channel info, etc??

2. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

first, dont forget that you would need to use the IR blaster cable to able to 'control' the cable box.

yes, if your cable provider does not show up in the list of cable providers then you will not able able to control the cable box and that TV guide will not populate with appropriate channel information.

3. guest

guest Active Member

I'm not in the U.S. either. I have two remotes. One that goes with the cable provider's cable box. The other came with my LG TV. Also, I use a Logitech Revue GTV. That device doesn't come with a remote. It is controlled by a keyboard. On my LG remote, when I press "input", I'm given an option to switch between HDMI and TV. When I switch to TV, I'm able to control the cable box with the cable remote. When I switch to HDMI, I control the GTV with its keyboard. (When in HDMI, I can control the volume with the LG remote or the Logitech keyboard.)

4. guest

guest Active Member

You might post your concern on the Sagem support community page. Maybe someone can suggest an equivalent box - that is on the list. Sagemcom UK Customer Community

5. guest

guest Active Member

6. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

you just described the capabilities that any person would have if they had TV via Coax and an external device, regardless of TV and device brand.

as far as the original poster....unless that cable box/service is listed you will not be able to control it with the GTV remote.

7. guest

guest Active Member