Quantcast

Hello...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by rob0602, Sep 27, 2011.

1. rob0602

rob0602 New Member

I'm Rob....I purchased a Sony NSX46GT1 Google TV about a month ago and let me tell you...I'm not lovin' it. If I had a dollar for all the plug in crashes, lock-ups and times a reboot was required(...all within a month, mind you!)...I would nearly have enough to cover the majority of the cost of the TV!! I'm serious!!! Like my Google Droid Eris(which really is an HTC abortion,as it were), this product isn't meeting my expectations. I love the LED picture, HD, etc...but it was the Google and App functions that drew me in for the purchase. Now I am trying to get the Netflix app started with no sucess or help from Netflix or Sony(I love it when they get stumped and then after being on hold an extended amount of time, the phonecall terminates!! translation: we don't know...")...and will find the forum for that. I hope other Sony Google TV owners are having better success and if so I look forward to reading about it!

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Me, Heather, and Chris seem to have better success with Sony Google TV. I'm not saying it never crashes but the Flash platform was never really stable to begin with and the version on Google TV is a couple revs behind.

So, what's happening with the Netflix app? I've noticed that most quirky problems with the Netflix application for new owners are usually solved by logging into the Netflix webpage. Then initiating at least one movie through the web interface which in turn calls up the Netflix application with the appropriate movie.

3. Maconsultant

Maconsultant Member

I own 3 units.. the 46inch, 40inch, and 32inch Sony Google tv. I have not had any major issues.. when I had a netflix account it worked without error. Come to think of it I did have an issue with Netflix.. the problem started when they jacked up the price 6x% then out of the blue it just started not working.. lol, In all seriousness I have had a good Google TV experience. Stick it out, you made a good choice...

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

4. legendvpn

legendvpn New Member

haha! right.. dont lose lope..
    everything we'll be OK. :)