Quantcast
  1. lornaevo

lornaevo New Member

Hello, I am new here. I am thinking of buying a logitech revue. Now that they dropped it to $99. I don't see why I shouldn't get one. Any suggestions?

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

My suggestion is to go ahead and buy one. Anytime I can get a useful product for considerably less than manufacturing cost, I look at doing just that. This time, I didn't need to look long before I purchased one, then purchased another one a few weeks later.

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Buy 2.

4. HeatherA

HeatherA New Member

I'm like Chris, I bought a Revue the day the price dropped. A few weeks later I was so enamoured that I bought a 46" Sony Google TV and then my daughter followed a few weeks later buying a 24" Sony GTV for her room... we all love our Google TV no matter how we get it!

Try it, you won't regret it!!!

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

It's a misconception that the Logitech Revues are being sold at a loss. During the last Investor Relation Webcast, Guerrino De Luca inferred that the price point for the Revue was set too high and over valued. Later during the call he also explained that lowering the MSRP was meant to get customer interest in the box. He is confident that selling the Logitech Revue with slim profit margin will allow Logitech achieve better penetration in the Digital Home Market, so that they can sell their complementary accessories and products.

6. lornaevo

lornaevo New Member

I went out and bought one for my kids last night. Setup was straight forward and now it controls their tv and stb. The only thing left to do is set it up with my Media Center Windows 7. I'm having a little trouble with it as all my movies are stored on my D:/ drive. I may get another one for my wife and I.