Quantcast

Hello From Timid Newbie

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Gingerkty59, May 15, 2014.

1. Gingerkty59

Gingerkty59 New Member

Hi,
    This is my first time posting, so I hope I don't mess up! I know that you are supposed to say your operating system, but I don't know much about that. It is a Google TV with a Logitech Revue box, bought in September of 2011.

My question is: What does "low on storage" mean? I did manage to find the storage place in settings, and it says that my total internal memory is 520 MB, and my available memory is 32.59 MB.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out here. I would really appreciate it!

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Do you have a lot of apps installed? Try rebooting to see if that frees up some memory. If rebooting doesn't work then do a factory reset.

3. Gingerkty59

Gingerkty59 New Member

Hi CatfishRivers, It looks like I have approximately 23 apps on the computer - all of which were already on when I bought it as I have never bought any for this computer. I do have a section under Settings called "Manage and Remove Applications" which has a slightly different list of apps, and I am afraid to delete any as I do not recognize all of them. Another section refers to "Running Services", which shows that I have used 313MB and 108MB left.

I apologize for asking this, but is a reboot when you hit Ctrl, Alt, Del and then have to redo the date and time? What is a factory reset? Will I lose my current listed bookmarks and items like that?

Thank you for helping me to work on this issue.

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

It sounds like you definitely need to do a factory reset to get rid of all the downloads from the previous user and start fresh. Yes you reboot when you hit Ctrl, Alt, DEL (simultaneously) or you can unplug your Revue to reboot also.

To do the factory reset push (and hold) the button on the back of your Revue for approximately 40 seconds. Yes you will lose your GTV bookmarks if they are not synced to the cloud. See post #9 in the following thread for an explanation of how to sync your GTV bookmarks:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...lems-encountered-honeycomb-3-2-upgrade-2.html

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  5. Gingerkty59

Gingerkty59 New Member

Thank you very much Catfish for your good advice and patience! I did a factory reboot, so hopefully I won't see that message anymore. May you have many good things in your life for helping out a newbie!

• Like Like x 2