Quantcast

Hello from New Mexico

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Buzzny, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Buzzny

Buzzny New Member

Couple of days ago bought the 46" Sony. After much indecisiveness got it anyway. I already have a WDTV media player and using PlayOn so I get Hulu plus much more. This set replaces a 37" Aquos which I was very happy with.
    Initial feeling about this so far:
    Why I bought it: Love the clarity, have a RF remote again, I really think Internet based TV's will take off eventually. Firmware upgradable via network.

Some things I dislike: Learning curve trying to find how to do things. A simple thing like how to delete unwanted TV channels took me a little while (Oh, through the guide!). I just figured it would have been more up front like right after you did the scan. Media player crashed on me, hopefully a updated or better one will come up.

I feel that in due time a firmware update can only improve performance of this product. Even better others will create new one to reflash.
    Overall worth it.

46" Sony Google TV
    WDLXTV Live
    Dreambox 720
    TYwo D-Link DNS-321 servers with 4TB's
    Yamaha RX-V661 AV Reciever

2. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

Hello Buzzny,

And welcome to our forum.
    Were are all glad to see new members here at GTV.
    With GTV being such a new media form, there is always things to learn, and this is a great place to start.
    Please have a look around, and if you have any questions or have anything you wish to share, feel free.

Thanks again,

The Google TV Forum Team.