Quantcast

Hello from Canada

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by eyendall, Dec 22, 2010.

1. eyendall

eyendall New Member

I bought the Logitech Revue the day it was made available on Amazon/US, knowing that its functionality would be severely reduced in Canada given that GoogleTV does not currently recognise Canadian cable providers nor their programming schedules. I have set up as though I am located in northern NY and connected to BroadCom. Also until an App appears which will allow me to add software such as openvpn to access sites having geographical restrictions, I cannot access Netflix, Hulu, BBCiPlayer and the like. But I am assuming these issues will work themselves out over the coming months and am looking foreword to exploiting the full potential of GoogleTV. If other users have found ways around these issues, or know of relevant Apps under development, I would be happy to hear from them.

2. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

Welcome eyendall! Great to have a Canadian aboard...hope Canadians can enjoy GTV despite geo-restrictions, and be sure to update us with any workarounds/fixes you find successful, too :)

3. MeInGatineau

MeInGatineau New Member

Where did you get the GTV. I`m looking at getting one also. Not sure If I will get the sony blue-ray or the logitech revue box.

4. happynoodlegurl

happynoodlegurl New Member

Hi there from ontario:
    We got a sony google tv box from the states and love it. The only problem is, since we are in canada, we still can not use our netflix account. We are able to sign into the account but as soon as we try to watch something, it says it is not allowed in our area. I can't wait till we can do everything that our friends south of us can. Please keep us updated, there are many of us anxiously waiting!

5. MeInGatineau

MeInGatineau New Member

I'm in Canada with a canadian netflix accoutn and it workd fine. Initially I hade a US netflix account and had to create a new one.

• Like Like x 2
  6. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

Hello happynoodlegurl, glad to have ya here, eh?
    And not ALL of your neighbors from the U.S. are south of you....I am actually Farther north than you are..
    I hope you enjoy your new "toy" and that you can get the whole Netflix thing worked out soon...

Scott