Quantcast

HDMI to Component

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by bean, Sep 14, 2012.

1. bean

bean New Member

My HDMI ports crapped the bed and I need a cable to convert HDMI into another port. Any suggestions?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Although fairly expensive, there are HDMI>component video/composite audio converters but I can't confirm any actually work reliably with HDCP and I would never buy one. The only direct connection to a different input as far as I know would be HDMI>DVI-D and that would be for video only, you would still need another connection for audio. I doubt if your display with a broken HDMI input has DVI-D input in any event. The problem manufacturers have with making an HDMI>Component video/composite audio converter is that would be a violation of the license to manufacture HDMI components so you won't see any from the mainstream consumer electronics manufacturers.

Here is one from Sabrent whoever that is:

Sabrent DA-HDCP HDMI to Component Video/RCA Audio Converter - HDMI Input, Component (YPrPB/YCrCb) Output, 720p at TigerDirect.com

Reading the customer reviews, it appears to be hit or miss as far as actually getting it to work. You can do a search to find others and any of them are buyer beware and good luck getting it to work or getting any customer service from the manufacturer.