Quantcast

HDMI HDCP Handshaking Issues

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by natey1, Oct 25, 2010.

1. natey1

natey1 New Member

I have had my Logitech Revue since Thursday of last week, and have been having a fairly good experience with the unit so far, but haven't had it hooked up to my Cable box yet, as my previous setup (Comcast) didn't have an HDMI output.
    I got my Frontier FiOS installed today (was Verizon) and now the Frontier box refuses to display an HD Signal to the google tv box.
    If I let the Cable box output SD signal, the Google TV picks it up just fine, but HD it won't pick up anything (black screen) and the Cable Box (DVR) shows DUI (apparently meaning DVI and hence HDMI handshaking issues).
    Anyone know what could be wrong?

-update
    I couldn't figure out what the issue was, but read somewhere that another person with a Panasonic TV solved their HDCP issues with a firmware update, so I downloaded and installed the latest firmware on my Panasonic 42" plasma, and after a Ctrl-Alt-Delete of my Google TV it seemed to finally start working (As I started to write this). So just a heads up for others that it may not be "plug and go" for you because of HDMI issues.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  2. jayraimondi

jayraimondi New Member

I'm having a similar issue with a Comcast (Motorola) HDMI box feeding an over DVI set though a converter. I purchased an Accel splitter as I believe there's a form of copy protection that may be causing a problem. This is all being fed through a Yamaha Receiver. Any suggestions would be helpful. Some things work and other times they don't.

3. SpyderMS

SpyderMS New Member

I had issues myself when I first set up my Revue. I have a 4-to-1 HDMI switch from Monoprice, and when the Revue was connected between my ViP722k DVR, and the switch, I wouldn't get a signal. It took a while to realize what it might be, and, after replacing the HDMI cable that came with the Revue, all of a sudden everything worked. No idea why this would be the case, but it was.

-John