Quantcast

HDHomerun

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by jkabaseball, Dec 14, 2011.

1. jkabaseball

jkabaseball New Member

Anyone got an App that will stream to Google TV? There are a few iOS apps coming out that can, so I can't imagine it's impossible.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You'll have to hit up the forums at Silicon Dust the company that makes the HD Homerun products. There were a few Android developers trying to get something out. However, I do not know the level of success that had so far.

3. pittsoccer33

pittsoccer33 New Member

Follow the Niveus connected platform carefully. Niveus was in the business making ultra high end HTPCs for a while.

It's a fantastic concept - they will use a HDHR Prime tuner, a networked storage device for DVR, and an assortment of client players such as HTPCs, smart/connected tvs, and digital media players to distribute the media around the home. The protocol being used is DLNA, so in theory and DLNA player could be used as an HDTV client.

So far they've only announced definite support for Windows 8, but I know the idea was to expand the technology to other platforms and I think Google TV would be a great one.

Since Google bought Sage TV I imagine at some point in the not to distant future there will be more tv functionality.

4. Mar

Mar New Member

I have an HDHomerun tuner. An app to use it with GoogleTV would be on my wishlist, too. :cool:

5. madman999

madman999 Member

if they could get this to work, this would be a KILLER app that would sell alot of HD Homeruns and Logitech Revues. Live TV and PiP if you have a dual tuner would be a very significant product offering that would be game changing to GTV's fortunes.

i have the HD Homerun Dual tuner connected to OTA. right now it is accessed on a Windows 7 MCE box and it works fine. However, I want the Revue to replace it.