Quantcast

HDhomerun support

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by jkabaseball, Aug 14, 2011.

1. jkabaseball

jkabaseball New Member

Has anyone put any effort into getting the HDhomerun to work with Google TV. I think this should become pretty easy once Honeycomb is released, but until then? I'd really miss OTA TV if I went with GoogleTV. My other option would be going trough Playon for it, though no one has done that either.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Actually, lots of people including myself use PlayOn to access the content which have been blocked by our Revue's web browser.

As for HDHomerun support, it isn't currently supported as there are no drivers or software to support any USB Tuners included with the Revue. As for now, there are external devices with COAX input and HDMI output support which can be used with the Revue like the Channel Master CM-7000PAL or the Kworld SA295-Q.

3. AZ.

AZ. New Member

Well I have the Kworld and its a wast of money for clear qam cable!!!! Guide dosent work, cant modify change channel name and numbers...worst part is the Revue only gives 3 digits to input? And also dosent use the ( - ).. any idea how hard it is to put in say channel number 96-705, if it only alows 3 digits and no - ??? wast of $70 bucks....PS you also need a audio input because the hdmi is actualy DVI my TV only has one hdmi input with a audio input to match..

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Interesting, I haven't noticed the Revue imposing a limit on the amount of digits it uses. I'm on Time Warner Cable with a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300 and it uses four digit channels for many of the HD and Premium content. My Revue is connected to the SA8300 and it has no problem going into the four digit channels from the search, or me just randomly hitting a string way past the quantity of three while in the LiveTV app.

As for the lack of the "-" IR command for the SA295-Q DE, is it possible that it was reassigned to the "." key? I know it is counter intuitive but more television providers use "." to instead of a "-" in their channel separations. If it isn't you could always teach the "-" IR code from the original remote to one of the customizable keys for the Logitech Revue. Though IR learning is not possible on the Sony branded Google TV products.

That's interesting. I had thought that they injected the digital audio into the TDMS channel, like some of the high end nVidia and ATI DVI cards with the S/PDIF inputs that supported audio through the DVI to HDMI adapters. In fact, I had sent a question into their technical support a little while back and received the following answer:

I did notice; however, that on their support page for the SA295-Q DE there is a FAQ for "How To Avoid The Audio Cut Issue When Connecting To The HDMI monitor?" which involves installing the 20101231 firmware for the resolution.