Quantcast

Hdcp

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by jamesavery22, Sep 25, 2013.

1. jamesavery22

jamesavery22 New Member

Do Apps like Netflix and HBO Go require the NSZ-GS7 to be connected to a HDCP compliant display through a HDCP compliant HDMI cable?

I'd like to use a NSZ-GS7 on a very old large LCD that only has a non-HDCP compliant DVI input.

2. jamesavery22

jamesavery22 New Member

So does no one know or am I asking a dumb question?

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Your question is valid but I can't say whether or not an HDMI > DVI cable and optical audio cable will allow you to use Google TV with your display. What is the display, make and model? A search may tell you if someone else is using the same combination and whether or not it works acceptably. As far as I know, Google TV honors HDCP so if Netflix uses it, I suspect it won't work. As far as HDMI compliant cable, that doesn't mean anything, it is the display and source that must be compliant. I have a cable with DVI male on one end and HDMI male on the other, that is the type of cable you want and if your display was HDCP compliant, it should work. Some displays with DVI input are HDCP compliant but as you know many early models are not.

4. galfert

galfert Active Member

Using an HDFury is the only way I can guarantee it will work. Because I used to have this setup.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013