Quantcast

HD Digital Antennae

Discussion in 'Google TV Hardware Discussion' started by gentlefury, Dec 28, 2010.

1. gentlefury

gentlefury New Member

I could have sworn when I bought the Sony 46" Google TV that it came with a built in Digital Tuner. Yet when I tried to enable it it shows a picture of a coax cable and says make sure you plug in an antennae.....call me crazy, but there is no Coax input on the TV....so how would one connect an antennae to the TV to get digital HD broadcast (which I've read that for networks looks better than cable HD).

2. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

3. gentlefury

gentlefury New Member

It's hidden then...lol

I have 4 HDMI, 4 USB, IR Blaster, Component, Composite, RCA, Headphones, Optical audio out, Network, and a weird white button that I don't know what it does..but I don't see a COAX screw anywhere.

4. alphawave7

How odd. I wonder if we can find pics of this supposed f-connector on the web. The white button..is it perhaps a cap, covering the F-connector?

5. inspktr

inspktr New Member

I googled the model number and came up with the posted pic, I took the liberty to mark the connector. $sony.jpg

6. alphawave7

Excellent! Thanks! :)

7. sprank1

sprank1 New Member

I can't speak for the 46" model, but the 40" model does indeed have a coax connector in the exact place that picture shows. That is the only way I could connect it to my cable. I don't have any cable boxes, just the service. It works perfectly with the Sony 40".