Quantcast

HD Channels

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by BucYouUp68, Nov 10, 2011.

1. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Member

My Revue does not seem to pick up the HD Channels, it will pick up the standard when searching, just not the HD ones. Is there something that has to be activated for this to work?

• Like Like x 2
  2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Is the HD channels enabled in the your GTV Settings > TV Source > Edit Configured Device control panel? Also are the individual HD channels enabled in the GTV Settings > TV Source > Edit Configured Device > Edit Channel List? Both of these settings will affect your search results and the content listed in the "What's On" app.

• Like Like x 2
  3. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Member

Checked both areas, HD Channels are selected, but when i go into Edit Channel List, it only goes up to 100 channels. The HD Channels are in the 1000 range?

• Like Like x 2
  4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You probably chose the incorrect channel line provider. What Provider ID does it list under GTV Settings > TV Source > Edit Configured Device > Edit Channel Lineup? Mine is "TX42500.X" and this matches exactly with AOLTV's tvlistings.aol.com/listings/tx/austin/time-warner-cable/TX42500|X which is also fed by the i.TV channel guide. You may have to also change the GTV settings > Date, Time, Location > Set Location if your zip code is also incorrect.

• Like Like x 2
  5. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Member

My zip is correct i did verify that, the Model of the STB is Cisco Explorer 8642HDC. I flipped the box over and it said Scientific Explorer 8642 HDC. I tried both these and still no go, it selects the first channel ok (CNBC), but then try's to tune to Channel 95, I dont get that channel, but when i select No i dont get that channel it says box is not configured correctly. Not sure what to do at this point, kind of limiting the functionality of the revue

• Like Like x 2
  6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You didn't answer my question above, "What Provider ID does it list under GTV Settings > TV Source > Edit Configured Device > Edit Channel Lineup?"

• Like Like x 2
  7. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Member

fl09499

• Like Like x 2
  8. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Looks like you have setup the wrong options for the channel line provider. Here are the channels I think you have listed:

Here are the channels that I believe you expect:

In other words, you'll need to go back and edit the channel line up so that the Provider ID = "FL09499.X" instead of "FL09499". I believe you have the option currently selected as "Bright House Networks South Pinellas, Largo" (FL09499) where it should be "Bright House Networks South Pinellas Digital, Largo" (FL09499|X)

• Like Like x 2
  9. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Member

Not sure what i did, but i was able to force it to see the digital channels. I appreciate your help with this. It is now seeing FL09499|X

• Like Like x 2
  10. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

11. bobinorlando

bobinorlando New Member

Once the Google tv is setup I do not see any way to get back into the settings dialogues. There is no menu item that corresponds to that. Do I have to reset to factory settings and start the entire install process over again in order to get there? I have the same Cisco Brighthouse box and I don't get the HD channels when going to Menu key (lower right of keyboard).

Thanks in advance.

12. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Try going into GTV Settings > TV source > Edit Configured Device > HD channels. If that doesn't help then look at the Provider ID that's listed in under GTV Settings > TV Source > Edit Configured Device > Edit Channel Lineup? Mine is "TX42500.X" and this matches exactly with AOLTV's tvlistings.aol.com/listings/tx/austin/time-warner-cable/TX42500|X which is also fed by the i.TV channel guide.

The typical issue of not seeing all the channels is usually due to not having the .X in the Provider ID suffix. To be perfectly honest with you, I don't know how to set it either. The Lineup Provider Wizard will asks two or three additional questions after selecting the provider and based on your answer, "|X", is either appended on not.

This wizards acts like questionnaires in Cosmopolitan magazine where you answer a list of multiple choice questions, Then you have to tally the hidden scores associated to your answer to find out which category you fit into. The problem with this wizard is that you can't see the scores before hand and I don't know the correct answer sequence to get it.