Quantcast

HD Channel Problem on Bright House Networks

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by allinstu, Sep 6, 2011.

1. allinstu

allinstu New Member

Hello all, I recently purchased a Logitech Revue because of the price drop and have everything pretty much setup and working well. I will say that this thing is not for anyone looking for a plug & play device - but pretty cool for those who are willing to put in the time to configure it properly.

My one remaining issue is that some of the channels for my cable provider, Bright House Networks, are not being displayed when I search for programs. Example, ESPN HD is not displayed at all when I do a search for ESPN or by searching for a specific game that I know is being played on ESPN HD. I can type the channel number 1127 on the Logitech keyboard and it goes to ESPN HD, however, it's not reading the channels properly from the Scientific Atlanta 8300HD STB and displaying them on the Google TV interface. I've gone into the Settings_TV Sources and selected my SA8300HD and enabled HD channels. I've also removed and re-added the STB multiple times, and even followed instructions from another post to "trick" the boxes during setup by skipping certain channels but nothing works.

Has anybody else experienced this type of problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Actually, Google TV doesn't "read" channels from the Scientific Atlanta box. It downloads its channel listing guide from i.TV guide on the web. If you go through the aforementioned link or AOL's non HTML5 version, you'll see it goes through similar questions; zip code, provider, basic, extended, and premium. So, depending on the choices you've made during the setup will download or filter out the respective channels. The only reason I can think of your ESPN shows not being displayed in searches is because the channel listing provider doesn't list the exact name of the game. Try comparing the output of the i.TV or AOLtv guide with your next ESPN search to see if you can find the commonality.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  3. allinstu

allinstu New Member

Yes, you are correct the i.TV guide link shows the same inaccurate channel data for my area. So I guess the question becomes, is the i.TV guide the only place that Google TV will look for channel data? Is there no way to point it to another source? Thanks for the help.

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yes, the channel listing guide is provided to Google TV as a service agreement between i.TV and Google, just as Zap2It provides service to Sling Media's devices, or Rovi provides to Sony Bravia TVs.

No, not at the moment. Perhaps when the Android Market becomes available there will be an application which will provide channel listing from a different service. However, at the moment this is not possible. You might consider contacting the Logitech or Sony, so they can talk up the chain through Google then to i.TV so that all parties concern know that this is a problem.

5. surprisinguy

surprisinguy New Member

Possibly the channel is listed but is not checked under the settings for choosing the channels it searches?

6. arosas

arosas New Member

Hi, All;

I have Bright House also. The issue I am having is that my google TV keyboard does change my channels using the keyboard. Is this part of the issue with BrightHouse? Does any one know.

Thanks for the help.

7. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

8. BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert New Member

Once you properly configure your GTV the keyboard will control your box. You might need the IR blaster depending on where your GTV and box are located in relationship to each other.

9. Julian

Julian New Member

you should also check in the (cable provider) set top box menu that the channel entry method is set up to "auto-tune" ..

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  10. Julian

Julian New Member

For my area code ,33401, the Logitech Revue box, couldn't find the right channel line-up, and I've tried all of them for my cable provider(Comcast). This is because , 3 weeks ago we went to a new digital channel line-up, and it was not updated yet for Google TV. On I. Tv website everything looks good, they have it there already. To temporary fix that ,I've changed my location(zip code) for Google TV box,to 34994, an area near me that it has a channel line-up similar to mine and is updated for the Revue. Now I'm getting an accurate channel line-up for my Google TV, I was missing before at least 50 HD channels. If anybody else has the the same issue, they can try a different area (zip code), for the same cable provider and it might work, still waiting though, for I. Tv to update their database..