Quantcast

HD camera

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by bukzin, Nov 26, 2011.

1. bukzin

bukzin New Member

I see there are 3 Logitech cameras which are close to the same.

The c525, the c615 and the c910. Which model is most often used with the Revue?
    Would they all work?

I just bought the c615 at Costco (item number 610785) for $59.99 in California.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

None of them. The Revue only has the driver and software support for the Logitech TV Cam for Google TV.

• Like Like x 2
  3. b0Ne

b0Ne New Member

Can I hook up a camera on the Sony blu ray?

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  5. b0Ne

b0Ne New Member

I want to see the video on my screen. Like put it outside on my front door. Is that possible? Or even some FaceTime would be cool in my living room...

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

One of the features of the new Logitech Alert Cameras is that you can watch them through Google TV.
    That's an Apple propritary video conferencing platform. I doubt that'll happen without involving Apple products.

7. bukzin

bukzin New Member

8. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yes, that particular camera works with Skype. That's because it was meant to work with certain Skype enabled televisions. In fact, the Logitech TV Cam for Skype is only meant meant to be used with these Panasonic televisions.

Either way, it won't work with the Revue because it ONLY has the driver and software support for the Logitech TV Cam for Google TV.

9. DCAlexandria

DCAlexandria Member

I still think there will be a Skype android app that will work with the revue eventually.

10. DCLocal

DCLocal New Member

I believe the Logitech TV Cam, specifically designed for the Revue, has a built-in video processor to off-load the video processing from the Revue. This is how HD is achieved with the Atom CPU.

• Like Like x 2
  11. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I think we're all fully aware of your affinity for improbable possibilities. And one day, I hope you're right. However, the probability for Skype forming a relationship with Logitech to support their video conferencing software on Logitech's video conferencing platform is not economically viable for Skype.

The more likely event is that Google will finally draft video conferencing support for the Google TV operating system. This will empower third-party developers to develop their software using Google Android SDK using the Dalvik virtual machine supported APIs for use with any Google TV device. However, the question is, "Will Logitech's development support for Google TV be around to implement these updates?"

That's exactly right. The Logitech TV Cam has a built-in microprocessor to offload the H.264 encoding from the CE4150 processor of the Revue. That is why is more expensive than the standard webcams used with computers. However, the reason why other webcam with similar microprocessors don't work with the Revue (like the Logitech TV Cam for Skype) is because the Revue only has the driver support for the Logitech TV for Google TV.