Quantcast

HBOGO Revue Network Issue

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by mikest552809, Jul 27, 2012.

1. mikest552809

mikest552809 New Member

While using ethernet, I attempt to start a movie, whereas it optimizes the picture and then fades to black. Now if I unplug the ethernet and it automatically switches to wireless the video will play for a few minutes. After that though there isn't any more buffering or anything. Is it merely my internet or has anyone come across this before?

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hi. GTV users have reported mixed results with HBO GO. Some claim it works pretty good while others say that it's lousy.

A big part of the problem is that there is no GTV HBO GO app - and according to HBO GO they don't list GTV as a supported platform.

HBO GO. It's HBO. Anywhere.

On the HBO GO help section it does say a minimum internet speed of 3.0 mbps is recommended.

HBO GO recommends Flash 10.2 or higher - so GTV is also OK in that regard.

However HBO GO recommends the latest version of Chrome - and for desktop computers they recommend a dual-core processor with speeds higher than what the Revue processor has. So IMO these reasons could be a part of the spotty performance of the Revue on HBO GO. (GTV is only on Chrome 11).

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  3. Betaguy

Betaguy New Member

In Google Play, there is an app for HBO-GO for Google TV---You might try changing your router channel to a stronger signal. You can download an app called "Wi-Fi Anaylizer" from Google Play to check
    your signal strength. Mine was set on "auto" when I went to a fixed Channel 1 or 11 things worked a lot better. This might not be your problem, but it could'nt hurt.

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

In the Google Play Store it says the HBO GO app is incompatible with my Logitech Revue (I'm on the 3.1 update)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...arch_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5IQk8iXQ..