Quantcast

Hbo go

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by kblgy, May 15, 2013.

1. kblgy

kblgy New Member

is there any chance of an actual app for this ? it is terrible having to login everytime i want to watch something on this, roku rocks this app, and is user friendly, on google tv this app stinks.. we need a real hbo app not a link to the site.

2. conq

conq New Member

I agree. I specifically bought the Co-star to stream HBO Go to my TV (rather than watch HBO Go on my smart phone!) and am constantly annoyed at how frustrating it is to use. I was considering returning the Co-star and getting a Roku instead but I read on the Internet that Comcast (in GA) doesn't allow the Roku to stream HBO Go (even though the Roku supports HBO Go) - I don't suppose anyone could confirm that?

3. conq

conq New Member

I also tried to sideload the HBO Go APK onto my Co-star (and the Xfinity streampix app.) Both just force-closed upon startup.

4. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

LOL!

You are right. But give it time. We are getting ready for the upgrade of a lifetime. It's kinda scaring me. Will Google make my Win 8 desktop obsolete? I'm seeing articles that are talking about the next upgrade for Chrome and our OS.

Carl

5. googlethis

googlethis New Member

Just found out the HBO Go link on the NSZ-GS7 will not work to stream movies or shows. Any ideas on how to get it to work?

6. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Currently the only success with workarounds would be with Plex or PlayOn. Although some have reported success with Playon - somebody on the other thread said he couldn't get it to work.

For PlayOn and Plex you need to download the software to a PC and then stream to your GTV device via DLNA:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...on/7981-does-hbo-go-still-work-google-tv.html

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  7. googlethis

googlethis New Member

hmm not worth going to all that trouble.