Quantcast

HBO Go

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Stern Fan Dan, May 5, 2011.

1. Stern Fan Dan

Stern Fan Dan New Member

Like the freshly completed DeathStar, this app is now fully operational with the power to destroy entire planets.

If you are an HBO subscriber and your cable provider took care of you, you should have all the access you need. It's pretty much the Netflix of HBO, all shows, all episodes at the click of a button. Thank you Google for building in this app. FYI there is an iPad app too for free. Enjoy.

Also, anyone knowing navigation tips please post here. It looks like you can click on the slider, but that's about it.

• Like Like x 2
  2. lucas710

lucas710 New Member

Camby IN---------------------------Sony 40" GTV
    I use my Evo 4G to find stuff and add it to the HBO GO Watchlist.

3. Stern Fan Dan

Stern Fan Dan New Member

Anyone have any tips for navigating that HBO app? It seems all I can do is move the slider with the google controller. Any other way to move around?

4. SteveLV702

SteveLV702 New Member

I just got a Google TV my Panasonic TV crapped out I had the extended warranty so they replaced it with a 46" Sony GoogleTV which I love but I am not even seeing the HBO Go app

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

It's a website not an app.

6. les anderson

les anderson New Member

Hopefully that will change. The website kinda sux. Are you aware of any plan?

• Like Like x 2
  7. SteveLV702

SteveLV702 New Member

that totally stinks.... even my iPhone, iPad have HBO 2 Go app surprised don't have app in Android Marketplace that is compatible with GoogleTV

8. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Well, there is an HBO Go app on the Android Market; however, it is not compatible with Google TV. I don't know anything about HBO's intentions though. Hopefully, they'll get around to update the app make it compatible with Google TV.

• Like Like x 2
  9. yourefree

yourefree New Member

Does anyone know if the Roku HBO Go app is better - in terms of picture quality or navigation etc. The main reason for buying Revue 2 weeks ago was to get HBO Go on the big screen. I figure better than apple TV which has so few features beyond Netflix and HBO Go. I did consider Roku but went for Revue as I really like the keyboard to search and navigate.

10. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

The old HBOGo link that came with google tv is now under All Apps/Spotlight/Tvs and Movies - Also the way you navigate it is with the virtual mouse pad and not the D pad or whatever the other controller is called.

At least that is how it works with the Sony Google Tv Model.

11. blasko229

blasko229 New Member

Well just bought a Sony Blu-ray Google TV box. No HBO GO app which is lame as hell as it was fast becoming our favorite Roku app. It's pretty solid on Roku, though Roku frequently bugs out and freezes. Hence the Google TV purchase.

12. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I don't subscribe to HBO - but I've read on the forum that HBO GO works with GTV through their web site.

13. blasko229

blasko229 New Member

It works but its in flash (very laggy) and requires you use the mouse making for a pretty terrible experience.

14. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Being written in Flash doesn't mean that the application axiomatically laggy. HBO's developers not optimizing their HBO Go Flash application to be run on lower performance systems is what is causing the poor experience on Google TV. Also, there is no reason why they couldn't allow the Google TV's D-Pad and multimedia keys to interact with their application. They just haven't put for the effort.

15. Tomb077

Tomb077 New Member

I have my sony gtv box and was able to log into hbogo.com. Next day I go back on and when I tried to log on, I choose my provide and then am not prompted for my user name and password as I was the day before. I have cleared cookies, un plugged and restarted but no luck. Can anyone help me?