Quantcast

HBO GO says browser not supported (??)

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by LisaGirly, Sep 30, 2011.

1. LisaGirly

LisaGirly New Member

I'm trying to watch HBO GO on my 46" Sony NSX-46GT1 TV and it keeps showing me a page (very briefly, then it takes me to the site) that says "Sorry, your browser is not supported" and says I need Chrome 3.0 or higher. Then it takes me to the site like normal, but when I log in and click on an episode to play it, nothing happens. Two days ago I was able to watch shows on HBO GO (although it would repeatedly crash and give me a "Plugin Crash - Shockwave Flash" notification, but that's a different problem). I'm not sure why two days ago my browser was, according to HBO GO, just fine and now it's not supported. It also came up with a page saying I was using Netscape NaN, whatever that is. I tried clearing the cache and hitting ctrl + alt + delete. I also checked for system updates and everything is up to date. What's going on?? Would a factory data reset help anything?​

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

the"
    Did someone recently change the User Agent on the Chrome Web Browser? You can check it by going to the "Whats My User Agent?" website. The user agent should be, "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US) AppleWebKit/533.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/5.0375.127 Large Screen Safari/533.4 GoogleTV/165187" if it is not then while in Chrome press GTV Menu > Settings > Advance > Mode > Default.

3. LisaGirly

LisaGirly New Member

Hi eferz, yes this is exactly what happened. Not sure how, but the user agent was switched to custom. I switched it back to default and it works perfectly again. Thank you so much for the help, it's greatly appreciated. :)))