Quantcast

HBO GO not listed in my subscriptions in primetime.

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by bklynborn, Aug 6, 2013.

1. bklynborn

bklynborn New Member

My Logitech Revue broke today, and I went and got the Sony NSZGS8. In the select the subscriptions you want included in PrimeTime. Content from subscriptions will appear as free. HBO Go isn't there. Only Amazon and Netflix are there. Anyone know how I can add HBO GO?

2. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Sadly, HBO GO no longer works on GTV devices. Hopefully that will change after JB update …

3. bklynborn

bklynborn New Member

wow. Yeah, I just tried to log on, and it says hbo go is not accessible on this platform. That suck. However I just tried hbo go on my Sony NSZ-GT1, and it works there. Do you know why that is?

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hi. It has been mentioned that the reason HBOGO doesn't work with GTV is because they switched to a different kind of Flash.

I suspect HBOGO switched Flash to better secure their content with a better DRM. I believe the Sony NSZ-GT1 works with HBOGO because it has more DRM support - (which makes sense because it's got the Blu-Ray player).

By the way here is the link to the big thread about HBOGO not working with GTV:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...on/7981-does-hbo-go-still-work-google-tv.html

5. bklynborn

bklynborn New Member

Thanks for the response. I use google tv for hbo go/ max go. To watch video from websites via the browser. Seems like it doesn't work with anything anymore. ha :( I hope they fix it soon, or it going to make this $200 purchase I just made seem awfully silly.

6. bklynborn

bklynborn New Member

Wait a second not even pbs is working. In your opinion is this temporary, and it will start working eventually? Or am I better off returning it?

7. CatfishRivers

Hi. I just tried 5 or 6 videos from pbs.org and they all worked on my Logitech Revue. I don't expect the HBOGO Flash web site will ever officially work with the GTV browser again. If you have a computer you can use the free GTV PlayOn subscription to stream HBOGO to your GTV. After the Jellybean update it's possible some other solution will exist on GTV for HBOGO. In the news I read that HBOGO is supposed to be working on a Chromecast app.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  8. bklynborn

bklynborn New Member

Even the on soon feature doesn't work the way I'm use too. With the revue it gave you the option to tune in now. With this sony device you click on the program that's on soon and it just goes back to live tv. Hold on to that Logitech Revue for dear life. That thing was perfect to me. My hdmi imput wasn't working. I thought buying the revue again would be silly. I should upgrade. I figured this Sony nszgs8 would be top of the line. Best of the google tv lineup, but this thing is seriously handicapped.

9. CatfishRivers

Were you able to get pbs.org to work on your Sony NSZ-GS8?

10. bklynborn

bklynborn New Member

Yes, pbs is working now. :D