Quantcast

Hbo go, no go

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by telecam, Nov 25, 2011.

1. telecam

telecam New Member

I keep having playback issues with HBO GO on both of my Sony 46" Google TVs. After watching for 20 or 30 minutes, screen freeze, screen goes black or progress bar goes back to begining of show... both TVs are connected via WiFi to a very fast Verizon FIOS router. HBO GO shows full stregth, 4-bar signal. I have pretty much exhausted all possible fixes at this point. My feeling is that it is an issue with the HBO GO app that makes an error on estimating the connection speed and overstream data thus breaking the connection and freezing picutre. Again, every other streaming service works fine on my two Sony 46" Google TVs, that is YouTube, Vimeo, etc... and that is streaming long videos in 720 or 1080 HD quality. Sony's GTV support is clueless. Anyone else with similar issues?

Best,

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

There is no reason to crosspost your issue from this thread, "http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...ing-google-chrome-freezes.html#post20145There", into a dedicated thread. This is a small forum with very low post activity, so posting your issue in different categories is unecessary and redundant. By the way, there isn't a dedicated app for HBO Go on Google TV at the moment. There's only the HBO Go website. If you're having problems with it, then I would suggest that make sure the Default User Agent is set. ( Chrome > GTV Menu > Settings > Advance settings > Under the Hood > Default User Agent) Otherwise, it is possible that you're accessing the GTV optimized version of the website.