Quantcast

HBO Go + GTV seams to suck

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by x586, Feb 27, 2012.

1. x586

x586 New Member

I've tried HBOGo and it's constantly pausing skipping stuttering and virtually locking up. Any one else tried it ? It's seams be a really bad configuration on their end. with a 5mb tested connection it doesn't act anything like netflix or any of the other services I have tried.

2. mdovell

mdovell New Member

So far on mine it seems to work well but pause itself ever 10-12 minutes. It doesn't appear to be a flash crash but reloading the page brings it back to where it was.

I'd recommend clearing the catch and also looking in the systems area to find any other programs that are running but not needed. I have a weather app and office app that use significant ram even when not in use. Podcasts seems to be on by default for some reason and Pandora doesn't always stop when I thought it did.

3. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Mine is doing well on a 5 meg connection when I view hbogo but I have my tv priority set up to the highest priority in my router setup. That way if my brother is watching netflix on the roku , my connection takes precedence :)
    Only thing I notice from time to time is the picture quality changing to a lower quality then going back to normal.