Quantcast

Having trouble setting up DNLA

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by accordse, Dec 13, 2011.

1. accordse

accordse New Member

I did some searching and I still can't understand how to set this up. I installed Tversity and Logitech Media Server and my Revue is still not detecting anything. It says "no media sources found" Am I doing something wrong?

2. pittsoccer33

pittsoccer33 New Member

confirm tversity's server is actually running. you will need to know what your computer's ip address on your network is. for example mine is 192.168.2.4

on your pc running it, go to this web address

youripaddress:41952/medialib/browse

replace the ip number before the :41952 with whatever your's is

that will confirm that the media server is actually running.

i've had trouble with my digital cablecard tuner on my htpc playing nice with tversity. this is how I fixed it, thanks to mikinho of missingremote.com

3. volwrath

volwrath New Member

Ive had problems using tversity and logitech media server as well. It would see tversity but alot of files would tend to die, before they started playing. Personally, I bought GTVBox which doesnt rely on dlna but does rely on windows SMB sharing, and it works better than the dlna servers I have tried.

Playon worked for me as well but I had to use their crappy web interface.

4. accordse

accordse New Member

Tried that and it showed up. But my revue still isn't detecting it. Weird because the revue detects my laptop when its on.

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

It is possible TVersity might not even be running if you cannot connect to the TVersity server using the URL above from Chrome on the Logitech Revue Are you sure that you are using the IP address of the computer that TVersity is running on? Something you might try on the computer itself is the loopback address in the URL, "http://127.0.0.1:41952/medialib/browse". If it can connect to itself then it might be a problem with your computer's firewall blocking external access to the software.

6. accordse

accordse New Member

I tried the link and it does connect to itself. Maybe its my antivirus thats blocking the connection. The Revue can detect my laptop but not my desktop, which I find odd. I don't even have any programs installed on the laptop.

7. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

That's not odd at all. Despite thinking that you do not have "any" programs on the laptop, Windows Media Player is a program even if it comes preinstalled. And it is most likely that parts of its Window Media Player Sharing is enabled. That's probably why your laptop is showing up as a list of devices in the Logitech Media Player.