Quantcast

Has Anyone Heard about the Exoon Q2 Android TV Box With XBMC and XBMCandroidTV.com?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Aug 18, 2013.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Android TV Set Top Box Manufacturee xbmcandroidtv.com Achieves #1 Placement for Android TV in Google Natural Listings in Less Than Four Months - Watch List News (click for full article)

XBMCANDROIDTV.com is ranked #1 out of 1.6 billion Search Results on Google for Keyword Android TV.

Park City, Utah (PRWEB) August 17, 2013

Less than four months ago, EXOON introduced The EXOON Q2 -combining five years of innovation into a single, fully integrated, end-to-end service for customers. EXOON Q2 loaded with XBMC quickly became the most successful product launch in the history of the Android TV Set Top Box Market, earning thousands of 5-star customer reviews, and is the #1 best-selling product across all Android Media Devices items available on the net since its introduction two months ago. Today, EXOON announced that the Q2 Android TV is sold out, and that in just 2 months, the EXOON Q2 has captured 22% of Android TV sales in the U.S.

"We're grateful to the first thousands of customers who have made the Q2 the most successful product launch in the history of EXOON," said Jason LaBossiere, XBMCAndroidTV.com Founder and CEO. "This has been a big year for digital products on EXOON-all of the top sellers on XBMCAndroidTV.com since EXOON Q2 pre-launched just less than two months ago are digital products. The Q2 is sold out, but we have an exciting roadmap ahead-we will continue to offer our customers the best hardware, the best prices, the best customer service, the best cross-platform interoperability, and the best content ecosystem with full support."

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

No, I have never heard of Exoon or XBMCandroidTV.com and the whole article reads like a bunch of nonsense to me. This claim is particularly outrageous:

The article is very funny and there is no way to know anything about how many "Android TV" devices have been sold so nonsense claims can't be refuted but that isn't a good reason to believe anything stated in that article.

3. Greenenergyassessors

Greenenergyassessors New Member

Never heard of them. I've just sourced a new Android Box but I never come across them in the UK.

4. ChrisG8

Maybe the article in English is a very poor translation of a Chinese news release. Rather than XBMCAndroid.TV is ranked number 1 our of 1.6 billion search results for Android TV, it really stated 1 out of 1.6 billion people have heard of XBMCAndroid.TV, last year nobody had heard of it. That is a big increase.

5. chopper

chopper Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  6. ponghclub

ponghclub Member

does anyone have good xbmc apk or where to find it? i mean good AI and stable... thanks

Sent from my TC970 (Wi-Fi) using Tapatalk 2

7. mrspock

mrspock Active Member

8. CatfishRivers

It looks like Exoon has a new HomeSync device:

Adroid TV Manufacturer Exoon Launches HomeSync Android TV-powered Set-top Box (click for full press release)

Park City, UT (PRWEB) August 19, 2013

Exoon is looking to take the fight to Apple in yet another arena with its new Android-powered TotalSync set-top box.

Announced prior to Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, the TotalSync media streamer will alert the same sector of the market targeted by the Apple TV hockey-puck device.

The Android Jelly Bean system is not a Google TV-branded device, neither does it bring Exoon's Smart TV interface into play. However it does offer full access to the Google Play store.

That'll bring access to a host of video on demand options, apps, games, music streaming services and much more. It can also be controlled by an Android smartphone or tablet.

The TotalSync box also has another advantage over Apple's locked-down, streaming-only device. As well as a much greater range of applications, it also brings 1TB of local storage.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  9. CatfishRivers

10. ChrisG8

Ha, a crappy Android Set Top Box is nothing new, those have been around for years now often using the Android TV name which is why I didn't think Google would change from Google TV to Android TV. I sure missed my prediction that Google wouldn't decide to promote an official product called Android TV because the name was already damaged by these no name products using it.

I actually like my AMLogic S802 box as an inexpensive mini PC, sort of like a less polished Chromebox running Android OS. As a streaming box, it isn't worth a flip for the mainstream streaming services I use like Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, etc. It may run XBMC well, I am trying to figure that out, but as an Android PC running some apps and a browser, it is really pretty good as far as I can tell so far.