Quantcast

Hardware Update/upgrade Recommendations for Sony NSX-32GT1

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by TDub, Dec 2, 2013.

1. TDub

TDub New Member

Hi,

After having read that Google plans to abandon Google TV for Android TV I was wondering if anyone can suggest cost effective (i.e., cheap) hardware add-ons one might use in conjunction with the Sony Google TV to make it comparable to Android TV. I looked at Chromecast but I can't see that this offers benefits other than streaming from a phone/tablet. I'm not dissatisfied with the Sony but would like to keep it cutting edge if possible.

Thanks in advance!

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Nothing yet, I plan to just continue to use Google TV and if Android TV is released and is a big enough upgrade to the Google TV models I use now, I will decide then what to do. I love Google TV as it is, I don't have a display with Google TV built in but I do have models running the same version of Google TV the Sony displays run.

3. TDub

TDub New Member

UPDATE:

Thanks, ChrisG8. That seems like a reasonable plan.

FWIW, I was satisfied with the stock speakers on the NSX-32GT1 until I installed a Sony soundbar with wired subwoofer- BIG improvement. Also, I upgraded the vintage DVD player with the Sony BDP-S5100 Blu-ray player. I don't buy a lot of Blu-rays but it offers the Amazon app (available through the S5100) that allows HD streaming (SD only on the NSX-32GT1). This coupled with the Sony Media Player app to replace the TV, speakers, and Blu-ray player remotes has improved the overall experience.

The NSX-32GT1 was, IMHO, way ahead of its time and the bar is set pretty high before I can justify an Android TV.