Quantcast

Happy New Year Google TV users

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Lubos, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Lubos

Lubos New Member

I have my 46' GTV since Thanksgiving primarily to watch daily news and other programs from archives of TVs in Europe. I am very happy with GTV, it works nicely except for several stations when it indicates "Missing plugin". I never had any problem watching these TVs using my PC. My only hope are future GTV updates. Does anyone has better solution?
    Lubos

2. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

Hello Lubos, and welcome to our forum.
    I hope you enjoy it, as there is many new things to learn along the way.
    I expect to see apps to start coming out shortly...
    Hopefully plugins as well.
    If you have any questions, please feel free to ask away ...
    The Google TV Forum Team

3. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

Any other clues on the plug-ins? I'm thinking Shockwave or something? Welcome Lubos!

4. theluckiest2775

theluckiest2775 New Member

Same issue here in USA. Parents turned on their Sony GTV 40in and they have the Shockwave Flash plugin FAILED. They are freaking out since they just had an issue with Netflix fixed last night. PLEASE help me. They are ready to pack it up and take into Best Buy tomorrow.

Thanks
    DG

5. skoretsky

skoretsky New Member

Lack of plug-in support is one of the major deficiencies in Google TV right now. Hopefully (since Google is WELL AWARE of this) things will improve in 2011. But if your parents aren't willing to wait it might be better to return it for the time being.

6. theluckiest2775

theluckiest2775 New Member

Does it make any difference that the items that arent loading are the ADS on Yahoo.com homepage? They load and then all of a sudden go black with that error message showing up and a broken plug in symbol in the spot the ads should be. We can surf the web...but whenever there is shockwave ads we get that error. Video works, links work, and now Netflix works....just this one strange issue.
    Is there anychance that Google could be blocking Yahoo's homepage ads on Chrome? I have heard they are going to launch their own Google TV ads. Just wondering...I like conspiracies.

DG