Quantcast

Hangout with Jurek Foryciarz

Discussion in 'Google TV Development Discussion' started by eferz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Here's my transcript of the video.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Pretty much every question was answered with good news, does this guy really know so much is going to get so much better so soon? Is he just optimistic without any real reason to be so optimistic?

3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Well, he is a Google employee and a project manager for Google TV. I think there's a lot of truth in what he said, even though parts of his statements seemed coached or rehearsed. Either way, its better that this information is shared occasionally even if the end results turns out to be different. It at least allows us to have a better idea of their intentions and direction with the product.

• Like Like x 2
  4. MStrawder

MStrawder New Member

Will be looking forward to some of these promised improvements. I also would like to see some external storage support via FTP. Well, time to hang on for another "few weeks".

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  5. killer

killer New Member

I just wish the media would get a hold of this and make it public, instead of it being on forums,to this day i still get my GoogleTV alerts and every article is about how Logitech is dumping the Revue.

6. chicha29

chicha29 New Member

"Another question I have is the issue with the overall performance of Chrome. I don't have the update yet but on my current version of Google TV, scrolling in Chrome or pretty much anything in Chrome is horribly slow and laggy."

Is there an alternative to Chrome on the Revue right now? When the device is slow and laggy, I have to put things through Skweezer. If the earlier commentary is correct, this will no longer be a problem after the update.

7. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I still think it depends on the content of the site; however, the performance has improved noticeably since the update. However, there's no "alternative" since you cannot install applications until you get an update. Even then the browsers available to GTV are a step down from what you're currently using as they use a mobile interface. Perhaps someone will develop a better browser some day

8. gomezf75

gomezf75 New Member

so is waiting until christmas good? i heard the remote sucks when its dark. only buttons i need is channel + and - ..same with volume but do u guys think the remote could change sometime before christmas?

• Like Like x 2
  9. goalweiser

goalweiser New Member

You can use your tablet or phone is you need control in the dark.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1

10. Cygnus

Cygnus New Member

With the way he avoided the slingbox question, I hope that means they are working on that.

11. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I wouldn't hold your breath on that. The CE4100 processor would be barely powerful enough to perform on the fly transcoding of a standard definition signal. That's the reason why Slingboxes use a specialized Texas Instruments Davinci Digital Signal Processor for live streaming. There are also legal and technological restrictions, like HDCP, which is why there are no place-shifting devices or video recorders with HDMI input capabilities.