Quantcast

Hands On With Moto X, The Phone That Might Just Save Motorola

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Aug 1, 2013.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hands on with Moto X, the phone that just might save Motorola | TechHive (click for full article)

by Armando Rodriguez - August 1, 2013

"Motorola is finally making a play for smartphone relevance. Although the company's previous Android handsets were generally well-received, they've never achieved the same popularity that Samsung enjoys with its Galaxy line. That may soon change, as the Moto X is easily one of the most interesting Android phones Motorola has produced in recent memory.

I managed to snag some alone time with the Moto X on Thursday and walked away from the encounter with a better idea of how Motorola is trying to position itself in the smartphone market."

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

This is the Moto X. Can it save Motorola? | The Verge (click for full article)

by David Pierce - August 1, 2013

"I'm in the penthouse suite of a beautiful hotel on New York City's West side, the aircraft carrier Intrepid bobbing in the Hudson just outside the window. A silver Halliburton briefcase lies on the table in front of the window. It's like a movie prop, festooned with ridges and combination locks. Inside lies the answer to a question we've been asking since Google announced its $12.5 billion purchase of Motorola: what happens when Google builds a smartphone?

The answer to that question is the Moto X. It has endlessly leaked out in various forms for the past few months - Google chairman Eric Schmidt even posed for an impromptu photo shoot with one several weeks ago. I was about to see the 4.7-inch distillation of everything Google and Motorola believe about what technology means and how it fits into our lives.

But when my host spun the combination lock and unlatched the case, I realized that Motorola still had a few surprises. There wasn't one Moto X to play with - there were 18, at once all the same and each very different. Every color of the Google rainbow, and many more besides.

18 phones, face-down in rectangles of gray foam. I flipped one over - white front, royal blue back, white buttons - and turned it on.

Okay, Google. Now."

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013