Quantcast

Hack/Tip to play multiple windows on Chrome

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by rkwatch, May 5, 2014.

1. rkwatch

rkwatch Member

I think officially it's not possible to run 2 simultaneous chrome windows...
    but, is there a trick/hack to do this?

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

If you mean play two videos using the Chrome browser simultaneously and have both show up as picture in picture, no. If you mean have two windows open simultaneously, and switch between them using the menu button, yes, but often that clutters RAM and makes the box unresponsive. To switch between open windows:

Menu>Windows>New Window or highlight and select from list of open windows

You can have two videos using picture in picture playing simultaneously if one is the TV source input through the HDMI input and the other a Chrome browser video.

3. rkwatch

rkwatch Member

Interested in the highlighted part at this time... I watch lot of sports and would be great to watch 2 streams and be able to switch
    (or even split the screen... which would be a different question)
    It does work with normal websites... was able to open and switch between FB and Wiki
    But it does not seem to work with 2 sites with video streams... it seems to kill one of the streams ..is this is by design or some flash restriction?!

4. ChrisG8

I tried the 2 sports streams also and can say, forget it, it won't work and I believe it is a result of the fact the box has 1GB RAM and limited resources. I used two different Google TV boxes and switched HDMI inputs, not exactly what you wanted, I am sure.

5. rkwatch

rkwatch Member

Bummer ...wonder if this is an issue with all ARM based devices!!

Can you open netflix or hulu and then a video stream simultaneously?

Ah! so you've 2 GTV boxes.. is that by choice or you just ended up with 2 of them?

6. ChrisG8

By choice, I actually have GTV on each of three HDTVs and in the den where I watch sports, I have run sports programs on two boxes simultaneously and switched between them. Running Netflix and Hulu simultaneously on the same box isn't going to work, I am sure although I have never tried it.