Quantcast

Hack the bugger!

Discussion in 'Google TV Hacking Discussion' started by Darkseider, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

OK. Presumably because the device has full Flash 10.1 support the Revue is running Froyo (Android 2.2). Now using that same assumption I wonder if ADB tools can connect to this thing? If so that means some sweet .APK pulling and pushing at a minimum to start with. Dunno about you but me thinks the Netflix.apk on my rooted. ROM'd and OC'ed Droid would make me a happy camper. Thoughts?

2. hharte

hharte New Member

Getting ADB access will be essential, and will definitely come in time when Google TV is open to App developers. It should be noted however, that many apps, especially high end games have native code compiled for the specific CPU architecture using the Android NDK. Since all Google TVs to date are using Intel x86 CPUs, and all Android devices today are using ARM, apps that use native code will not run on Google TV without being recompiled.

I'm sure such apps include Angry Birds and certainly the Android Market app relies on native code.

That said, many Android apps will probably run fine on Google TV.

-Howard

3. gtv-fan

gtv-fan New Member

No, Google TV runs on Eclair - you can easily check it in "About" box.