Quantcast

GTV We have a Big Problem people

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by RockStar, Jun 2, 2011.

1. RockStar

RockStar New Member

TV Internet Box,Google HD Internet TV Box Android 2.2

Seen this on ebay and seen the video and was like OMG!!!

Its on Ebay TV Internet Box,Google HD Internet TV Box Android 2.2 | eBay

My Problem is GTV Logitech Revue are they really getting this update?

or is the system out dated ?

Looks like the 2.2 Android box has more to it.. if you look into the Ebay add...

Did some more digging on the web and seen this...

Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

Google TV Android 2.2 TV/Internet Box TV+Computer PC All-in-one Machine System parameter ItemTV/ Internet Box Chip Model S5PV210 Frequency1GHZ MemoryDDR2-512MB StorageINAND 2GB Audio & Video StorageInsert SD card or stored in HDD Operating systemAndroid 2.2 Main Function Operating interfaceAndroid 2.2 system interface BrowserBrowsing website BluetoothBluetooth data transmit, connect Bluetooth keyboard to operate GOOGLE TVPlay HD video Online videoConnecting with internet to watch online video AudioMP3/WMA Online MusicConnecting with internet to listen online music Picture viewerSupport different picture format Software upgradingSupport upgrading by SD / TF card Storage ExpansionSD card Storage Expansion Port and Spec USBSupport 2 group of USB HOST and 1 mini USB port SD Card1 SD card slot Rj45Connect wired network HDMIConnect HD TV, output audio/video signal Remote controlSupport 2.4G wireless remote control VoltageExternal 12V DC power adapter Web access: 1).Web browsing: web mail access 2).Supports flash player 10.1 3).Online video streaming 4).Android market, facebook, Picasa, Flicker, YouTube, and internet radio Multimedia applications (CODEC information) 1).Video playback supports up to 1,080p 2).Compatible with MJPEG, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 SP, MPEG-4 ASP, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264), DivX, H.264, WMV9, VC-1, RV, 2D/3D picture speed up engine, and overlay mixer audio support of MP3/AAC/MPEG4-AAC/MPEG4-BSAC / MP3/WMA 3). Audio Output: HDMI 1.3 Accessories: (TV set is not included in the package!) 1). Interface: 3* USB ; 1 *SD Card ; RJ45 ;HDMI1.3 ;DC Port 2). User Manual, AC Daptor, Remote Controller,HDMI Cable 3). Size(L*W*H): 170* 111*30 MM

Note: Sorry to repost this i couldn't edit the topic and no one was replying to other post about this......

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  2. chicha29

chicha29 New Member

Who is the manufacturer/what is the brand? (Google isn't a manufacturer.) The Sears website says it's been available since April 13.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  3. slaZ

slaZ New Member

No video source input connection... Seems this is more like an Android phone in a larger box format, with Ethernet port, a remote control, and perhaps some UI customizations. Not to say it won't cause trouble for GTV, but this really isn't what Google intended GTV to be so far.

• Like Like x 2
  4. RockStar

RockStar New Member

Thats what i was thinking in but why would Sears pick it up ?

5. RockStar

RockStar New Member

i am thinking Android its on the box

6. cw54o

cw54o New Member

this same method can be achieved with tablets like the archos 43 70 10.0 and others with an hdmi output. at first glance thats exactly what that looks like. you'd just need a BT kbd paired with the tablet and you're all set. i was originally going to do just that, but the revue came out cheaper with the discount bestbuy had and the besbuy bonus cash i used with the purchase.

7. djangofan

djangofan New Member

Who cares about a box with Android 2.2 . The next GTV official update (this summer) will be android 2.3 (Gingerbread) . It will be better.

• Like Like x 2
  8. galfert

galfert Active Member

Nope....Next Google TV update will take the device from 2.1 Eclair to 3.1 Honeycomb (skipping 2.3 Gingerbread). You are right about this Summer though.

9. galfert

galfert Active Member

Regarding the OP I don't think this device is a threat either. Like others have said there in no input. So it won't be inline. The beauty of Google TV is that it is inline and there is no device input switching. This allows Google TV to always be there as an overlay and also allowing PIP

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  10. RockStar

RockStar New Member

Well i jumped the gun i took my system back today... when the new updates come out and i see and hear more about what better the system is ... then i will get another one..

i am not giving up i just got board with this system... i hope i see and hear more good thing later about the system then i will be work my time...

As of right now my PC is hooked up to my TV and will do the samething... +

11. celticpride

celticpride New Member

I went to the sears site and the andrid box is made by samsung! retails for $315.00 but on sale for $299.00. I only see 1 hdmi input,so does this mean you cant use the box with your audio/video receiver?if so thats a big mistake,imagine trying to watch a movie on netflix ,or listening to pandora without 5.1 or at least stereo sound!! you all know how bad most of these hdtv speakers sound!:confused:

12. galfert

galfert Active Member

Correction....it isn't 1 HDMI input ....but rather it is 1 HDMI OUTPUT. The Revue has two HDMI ports but one is an Input and one is an Output. There seldom is the need for more than one input or more than one output on a source device.....there are exceptions.* Destinations devices (TVs, Recievers) should have more than one HDMI input to accommodate more source devices (Blu-ray, Computer, Cable box, Google TV).

The way HDMI works is that you are allowed to daisy chain up to 4 devices deep**. So you can connect your source HDMI device first to your HDMI receiver and then to your TV. The receiver will send the audio with surround decoding (all depending on your receiver capabilities) and the video will get passed to your TV (and it can get sound too if you like). If you look at any other HDMI device like a Blu-ray player you'll see it too only has 1 HDMI output...and people connect these to their receivers and TVs simultaneously via daisy chaining with really no issues.

* If you do need more than one output on a source device you can get an HDMI splitter. You might only need this if you wanted to output the source to more than one TV simultaneously. The converse which is more than out input is a solution solved by an HDMI switch, and this is only needed if you have more HDMI devices (source devices) than you do inputs on your output devices (TVs)....ie: a TV with one HDMI input and you have a blu-ray player and a cable box both using HDMI. Because you can't daisy chain source devices. The HDMI data signal (video, audio) flows one way ....down from the source to the Receiver (essentially an HDMI repeater) and TV (an HDMI end recipient).

** 4 devices deep is per the HDMI specification but if the media content uses HDCP (which this device has no reason to since it isn't a Blu-ray player nor a cable box) then it may be limited per the manufacture to less than 4 devices deep. Certain cable boxes limit the number of hops that they will let you do with and HDMI connection.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  13. celticpride

celticpride New Member

thanks for that valuable information galfert!

14. mdloops

mdloops New Member

I agree that Google demonstrated a lack of insight and effort.

15. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I have never seen this box and was surprised when I saw it for sale. The model is the FV-1, not even sure what manufacturers offer it if any other than Flexiview a name I have never heard of.

FV-1 Flexi view Android HDMI TV - Google TV Internet Box

No input isn't a big deal for the cord cutters of course. Does anybody here have one of these?

16. theddyg

theddyg New Member

it's been there forever if you did your research. It's made and sold from china so it's not very popular here in the US but many people got it.

17. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yeah, they're all over the Asian markets under different brands. I even posted something on these forums a few months back. They're known as "Android TV" and you can find an assortment of offerings through Google Shopping. They're basically a Android 2.3 ARM Tablet with the with the screen ripped out and an HDMI output in its place. They also should come with remote accelerometer for control. Some models even have the ability to install an internal 2.5" drive and external drives through USB.