Quantcast

GTV Sony-32 Bad Quality

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by gomezf75, Jan 7, 2012.

1. gomezf75

gomezf75 New Member

I have a sony gtv 32 and im not sure if its just my tv or what but the quality on my tv is horrible. i have time warner cable. digital tier without the box. im not sure if its TWC or the TV? When im watching football or anything else the quality is just horrible, does anyone have any tips to fix the problem or is it like that?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  2. lkruper

lkruper Member

I have the same TV. Can you be more specific as to what you mean by quality?

3. gomezf75

gomezf75 New Member

Fuzzy. stretch out to the size of the tv without any clearness.

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

One of the first things that I did with the set is go to GTV Settings > Picture & sound then set Picture adjustments > Picture mode > Vivid and Sound adjustments > Sound Mode > Dynamic. This should set the Sony to the optimal picture and sound quality. Also, under Live TV > GTV Menu > Advance options > Wide Mode > Normal. This will make sure that the television isn't up-scaling picture which creates that soft picture quality.

If doing this doesn't satisfy your preferences then try using your set-top box on another television. It is possible that it could be the a problem with the actual set-top box itself. Otherwise, if another set shows better picture quality with the set-top box, or you're still unsatisfied with the quality of the picture on the NSX-32GT1 then don't say I didn't warn you. I remember suggesting that you buy the NSZ-GT1 or Revue and television with better quality than the Sony Internet TVs. The actual television panel for Sony's Google TV products aren't even on par with Bravia quality let alone XBR quality.

5. lkruper

lkruper Member

I was not aware of that. This gives me another reason to return my 32" GTV for another TV. Sony finally got back to me and confirmed that my Rovi guide needs the CBS channel in my location to work and that is the only major channel I cannot get. If I get a Sony internet TV that is not GTV the guide comes in over the internet.

How is this one compared to the Sony 32" GTV? This one is another $150 or so and has the internet guide. Is the picture of the X Reality line better than Bravia?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Do yourself a favor. Go into the Best Buy or some other Brick and Mortar Electronics store. Those SonyKDL32BX420 or KDL32EX523 models should be available at most Best Buy and Circuit City maybe even Wal-Mart or Sears.

I think you're comparing the different processors within the television. I'm comparing the different models. I would probably put the Google TV somewhere in between the Bravia BX and EX models. If you look at the first three letters of Sony's model number nomenclature, you'll see XBR (best of the best) > KDL (standard Bravia) > NSX (Google TV). If you interested in further deciphering the Sony model numbers take a look at this link Retrevo - HDTV Catalog.

7. lkruper

lkruper Member

Thanks, eferz. The link is very helpful. I guess shopping at Amazon has its pluses and minuses!

8. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

True. Normally, if I intend to buy anything from the internet then I'll research at least five of the top brand and models which suit my needs. Then I'll try to find local stores where I can play with them. And, if I find at least one or two them worth purchasing then I'll check both online and local sales prices to find the most reasonable deal.

9. roaoro

roaoro New Member

If you do not have an hd source to view hd channels on your tv, it will look horrible. It sounds like you are watching standard definition programming and forcing it to fit your tv...thus the distorted blurry picture. Returning your tv will not solve your problem.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  10. Shadez

Shadez New Member

You also have to remember what the content is filmed in. Even though you may be on an HD channel, the OC may have been filmed using non HD cameras.

I have the 40 inch, and it is clearly, imo, the best pic I have ever had on a tv.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
    • Like Like x 2