Quantcast

GTV revue unit times out waiting on Plex serverfor movies

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by senecal.tony, Jul 19, 2012.

1. senecal.tony

senecal.tony New Member

I have the Revue equipment box for GTV and running Plex from a main computer. Plex has access to a hard drive with movies, pics, etc. Was working perfect and AT&T U Verse had to come out and replace the U Verse modem. The modem is a Pace Americas. At the tv with GTV feed, I open Plex, see all the movies, etc, but when I attempt to open a movie, i get an error message the states "timed out waiting on Plex server". Any ideas?

2. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Most problems with plex can be fixed by making a myplex account at https://my.plexapp.com/
    Basically you create an account there and use that user name and password on your plex server and check the box that says publish server.

If you did all that and added the user name and password on the google tv plex software and the problem still persists, sign in to the myplex account and remove the server and then log in to the plex media server on your computer and republish the server and try reconnecting to the server.

This basically removes the ip address that usally gets changed when new modems or hardware is changed and puts the current address in there instead.

3. senecal.tony

senecal.tony New Member

Thank you for the suggestions, which I followed. myplex account is created, has been, and on my plex site i get this error message:

myplex unable to connect to your server. Maybe a setting in the modem? Firewall?