Quantcast

Gtv is buggy!

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by chicha29, May 30, 2011.

1. chicha29

chicha29 New Member

The problem is that Google is trying to track every single move you make on the internet. That's why GTV is so slow, every page that you visit has to pass through "Google Analytics"! And a dozen other sites totally unrelated to the URL that you're trying to access! Google has an "agenda" and it's in conflict with what is in the best interests of the users of its service. Google is the new Microsoft. An AppleTV may not turn out to be any better. The government went after Microsoft for antitrust violations. The government needs to set its sights on Google!

This issue has nothing to do with Applications or their hype about a "Marketplace". This issue isn't going to go away anytime soon. It's only going to get worse. It's time for the government to step in. Google has gotten TOO ambitious. There ARE limits to what should be permitted.

2. lucas710

lucas710 New Member

Camby IN---------------------------Sony 40" GTV
    Hey why do you think GTV is slow ? My GTV Chrome browser is fast, almost a fast as my ASUS PC. If you have other issues with Google then vent somewhere else, don't bash Google TV because of some Conspiracy theory. :(

3. chicha29

chicha29 New Member

There are others on this forum that have also stated that GTV is slow. I click on a link and have to pass through facebook.com, doubleclick.com, googleanalytics.com and a dozen other websites BEFORE arriving at my intended destination. Then when you do get to the page that you want, every click-through on the page repeats the process! How can that not be annoyance and cause a slowdown? Before this, I had an MSNTV2. It was MUCH faster than GTV, but didn't have the capability of playing streaming video. Streaming video works great with GTV.
    --
    I did a Google search for Boston TV stations. Here is one URL that came up http://www.searchboston.com/boston_directory/News/Television/ Go to that page and click some of the stations listed. And note the time for each page to load. Twenty seconds for a page to load is UNACCEPTABLE! Note on the bottom of the screen all the intermediary URL's that have to be passed through BEFORE one can use the scroll-down button!

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  4. chicha29

chicha29 New Member

Doing a speed test at Bandwidth Speed Test - Free Broadband Speedtest , I get a download speed of 2184 kbps and an upload speed of 462 kbps. Would those speeds cause a 15-20 second loading time? I'm not in the United States, so I don't have access to the high speeds commonly available there. I would mention that hitting the back button on certain websites tacks on another 15-20 second loading time to get to the previous page! It's common knowledge that Google collects (general, not personal) information on websites visited in order to tailer ads specific to users viewing habits. Is anyone in denial about that? And that that process adds to the loading time?

5. jmburnzy

jmburnzy New Member

We dont need Government getting involved in GTV or anything else for that matter. Government has enou!gh on its plate. If you think its BUGGY then return it. Easy as that.