Quantcast

gtv has not fixed their update mistakes yet

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by kavaja, Nov 30, 2011.

1. kavaja

kavaja New Member

what happen google, don't you listen to your customers anymore. You need to fix this new update.
    get rid of all the apps that don't go with the tv, like battery apps. of course the apps that don't work too.
    netflx is a poor and limit design. and the responce very slow when you push a button.
    epixhd worked great befor the update, now I can't play anything.

I am sure others can add other items that is messed up.

google you got the phone right, why can't get this right. I have been reading that other companies are planning to put gtv on their devices. I can tell you if these problems are not fixed by then, its going to be logictec all over again and will loose more customers.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Google does NOT curate their Android Market like Apple does their iTunes app store. The apps that you see or don't see in the Android Market are due to the developer's digression. That is all controlled by the Manifest.XML file included inside the application's APK file. The file is what the developers use to describe the resources necessary to run their application. The Android Market filters your access from Google TV based on that file.

3. kavaja

kavaja New Member

so from what you said, confirms what I said - they don't care about the customer.
    If you don't beleve me, lets look at the evindence - nothing been fixed or changed since the update. I have seen others companys fix there problems quickly, so don't give me the line that it takes time. they have enough time to do some fixes.

It's always some one elses fault.
    for an exsample I called netflix on a issue and the told me its googles problem not theirs, google said its sony problem, and of course sony said its not their problem "its google or sonys problem. no one is taking responsiblity for any thing.

as to the app store, it is android/google market. so they are responsible for what is being offered on it. 0n the phone app store they did weed out the malware apps. so why don't they do what is right here too.

I am so disappointed in google now, first we had to wait longer than they said for the update. and then update needs help and they havent done anything to fix it. at least they got the phone right.
    if they don't do something soon, they will lose gtv and some else will make something better. and they will be remebered for the failure of gtv more than they will be remebered for the android phone.
    this is how customers see it, it is a google device, they are responsible for eveything their name is on, exspeicaly the software. I do understand the hardware is the manufactors responsiblity.

I am sorry for going on like this, from what see I am sick of it.