Quantcast

GTV Devices Owners "PlayPoint Apk DLNA Media Player" (Upscale Codec Packed)

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Wisdom, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

WELCOME TESTERS FROM THE PULSE, QUBE AND Netgear NeoTV FORUMS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The above video clips were played on the Vizio Co-Star via the on board PlayPoint DLNA Media Player, which also has been confirmed to work on Sony's G7 ....!

Vizio Co-Star NEW v5.3.0 "PlayPoint Apk DLNA Media Player" (Upscale Codec Packed)

Here is a link to the PlayPoint.apk extracted from the Vizio Co-Star, the NEW v5.3.0 PlayPoint DLNA Media Player is with enhanced (Upscale Codec Packed) ....

*Amazon Video app
    ATVAndroidGTVClient.apk (Side Loading Required) ...

*OnLive Gaming app
    OnLive.apk (Side Loading Required) ...

*M-Go (HD) Movies app
    Mgo.apk (Side Loading Required) ...

If you are not a Co-Star owner, and have another Google TV device G7, Pulse, Cube ...ect, please test these apps on your GTV device via (Side Loading) ... Let us know if it works on your GTV device, thanks in advance ...!

The above PlayPoint.apk was extracted from the new Vizio Co-Star v5.3.0 Google TV 3 OS via the Secret Co-Star App Extraction Tool (Not A Product Of GTVHachers) ....

PLEASE NOTE: Please Do Not Ask About Vizio Co-Star "ROOT" or The Secret Co-Star App Extraction Tool ....

My friends (Not Trying To Be Rude) if I tell all the secrets about the Vizio Co-Star to everybody Vizio Corp will close all the holes in their current v5.3.0 OS tomorrow ...

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  2. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

REAL DEAL

< ?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    < manifest android:versionCode="10" android:versionName="1.2.4 P" package="com.pv.googletv_vzo"
    xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
    <application android:theme="@*android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar" android:label="@string/app_name" android:icon="@drawable/launcher_icon" android:name=".GtvApplication" android:debuggable="false" android:logo="@drawable/twonky_logo">
    <activity android:theme="@*android:style/Theme.Holo.NoActionBar" android:label="@string/app_name" android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.SplashScreen" android:screenOrientation="landscape">
    <intent-filter>

3. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Confirmed by Saeba, The Vizio Co-Star PlayPoint DLNA Media Player works on Sony's G7 ....

4. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

5. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

6. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

7. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Why don't you stop trying to undermine my threads, you are posting false info, stop it man ...(l0l)

BIG THANKS TO Saeba AGAIN TODAY:

Thanks again Saeba for the new test today, now we have a good ideal of what works and what doesn't work ... Anyway the main test was the PlayPoint DLNA Media Player, which several people on other forums ran different types of test with the Sony's N7 connected to (Storage Devices) with great success, again thanks a million ...

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  8. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

9. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Dude we are only doing test, stop trying to undermine this thread ...(lol)

The main test was the PlayPoint DLNA Media Player, which several people on other forums ran different types of test with the Sony's N7 connected to (Storage Devices) with great success, again thanks a million ...

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  10. Travel

Travel Active Member

There seems to be a certain presumption that everyone knows the significance of this.

What's the benefit? What can this side-loaded media player do that the GS7 native media player can't do? What's the downside of side loading media players: what does it screw-up in other areas of operation of the GS7?

Also, terminology like: "extracted from the Visio Co-Star" really doesn't explain much with regard to understanding the process. Was the Visio Co-Star in a ditch and a tow truck came with the jaws-of-life and extracted the media player from it?

11. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Dude, that's why we are doing testing, by the way, the extraction method will never ever be discussed ...!

12. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

There are four threads on this topic. I am not aware of any reason to side load the Vizio Co-Star PlayPoint app on other Google TV devices. There are no shortage of media player apps that will run fine on the Sony NSZ-GS7/GS8 without side loading but if someone just wants to do something because you can and have something different to play with, go ahead, I sure won't bother. i guess it is possible that someone might prefer the PlayPoint app, I don't, but there is nothing wrong with that if you did. I don't consider side loading apps not intended for specific Google TV models risk free and don't do it but if I ever decide to try, it will be for something that actually adds functionality to the device.

This is sort of like using a complicated method of cutting a hole into the side of a Coke can and pouring a Pepsi into to it, what's the point?

13. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

WELCOME TESTERS FROM THE PULSE, QUBE AND Netgear NeoTV FORUMS

First Of All Knowledge Is Power, Whatever The Mind Can Conceive and Believe It Can Achieve

When I decompiled the PlayPoint DLNA Media Player and ran a analysis of the files, my first thought, this app can work on Sony's G7, which it can..... ChrisG8, either you have no knowledge of (Side Loading) apps to GTV devices or you are just plain ignorant of the process, because, it's so easy a caveman can do it ... I see a lot of people who wants to speake on things they don't have knowledge of at all ...

[​IMG]
    Originally Posted by mjeshurun[​IMG]
    Installed successfully on GS7 running REL10, but can't seem to play any videos through Plex Server.

Wisdom said:

Thanks very much for joining the testing group, now concerning your finding ....

It's known fact, even on the Vizio Co-Star, the Plex Server will not work with PlayPoint DLNA Media Player ... Now on the other hand PlayPoint DLNA Media Player works like a charm with the new Serviio Server Console, which is far superior to the Plex Server and will work with just about all external (Storage Device) ....

Adding the Serviio Console Server to Sony's G7 with the PlayPoint DLNA Media Player On board will give Sony's G7 another upscale enhancement feature ...

Actually I only use Serviio Server Console and the Plex Server to me they are the best ..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <manifest android:versionCode="10" android:versionName="1.2.4 P" package="com.pv.googletv_vzo"
    xmlns:android="
    http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
    <application android:theme="@*android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar" android:label="@string/app_name" android:icon="@drawable/launcher_icon" android:name=".GtvApplication" android:debuggable="false" android:logo="@drawable/twonky_logo">
    <activity android:theme="@*android:style/Theme.Holo.NoActionBar" android:label="@string/app_name" android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.SplashScreen" android:screenOrientation="landscape">
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
    <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
    </intent-filter>
    </activity>
    <activity android:theme="@*android:style/Theme.Holo.NoActionBar" android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.GtvMainActivity" android:screenOrientation="landscape" />
    <activity android:theme="@*android:style/Theme.Black.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.AudioDmrActivity" android:launchMode="singleTop" android:screenOrientation="landscape">
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.AUDIO_DMR_ACTIVITY" />
    <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
    </intent-filter>
    </activity>
    <activity android:theme="@*android:style/Theme.Black.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.PhotoDmrActivity" android:screenOrientation="landscape" />
    <activity android:theme="@*android:style/Theme.Black.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" android:name=".VideoDmrActivity" android:screenOrientation="landscape">
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.VIDEO_ACTIVITY" />
    </intent-filter>
    </activity>
    <service android:name=".GtvService" />
    <service android:name="com.pv.tmslib.TwonkyMobileService" android:process="com.pv.tmslib.TwonkyMobileService">
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.ACTION_GETURL_TMS" />
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.ACTION_START_TMS" />
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.ACTION_RESTART_TMS" />
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.ACTION_STOP_TMS" />
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.ACTION_WIFI_CHANGE" />
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.ACTION_MEDIA_CHANGE" />
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.ACTION_SET_PARAMS" />
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.ACTION_EDIT_SETTINGS" />
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.ACTION_SHARE_SETTINGS_AVAILABLE" />
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.ACTION_SHARE_SETTINGS_ERROR" />
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.ACTION_SHARE_SETTINGS_CANCELED" />
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.ACTION_SCAN_STATUS" />
    </intent-filter>
    </service>
    <receiver android:name=".GtvBootUpReceiver" android:permission="android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED" android:enabled="true">
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="android.intent.action.BOOT_COMPLETED" />
    <action android:name="com.marvell.AppKiller.RESUME_COMPLETED" />
    </intent-filter>
    </receiver>
    <receiver android:name=".GtvUSBStatusChangeReceiver" android:enabled="true">
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MEDIA_MOUNTED" />
    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MEDIA_UNMOUNTED" />
    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MEDIA_EJECT" />
    <data android:scheme="file" />
    </intent-filter>
    </receiver>
    </application>
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.SET_ORIENTATION" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WAKE_LOCK" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CHANGE_WIFI_STATE" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CHANGE_WIFI_MULTICAST_STATE" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS" />
    </manifest>

14. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

You have now started at least 7 threads on side loading PlayPoint to various Google TV devices. Exactly what is you think I have discussed that I am ignorant about?

15. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

16. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

The Above Speed Test Was Done On The Vizio Co-Star Via the Chrome Web Browser Via The Website http://www.speetest.net ... I have a 40MB Broadband Speed On My Home Network Via Century Link, But Notice My Broadband Speeds are Close To 52MB (Explained Below) ...

[​IMG]

The bottom above photo is the first time I have revealed my Vizio Co-Star Ethernet and HDMI 1.4 (High Speed) cables set up for my Co-Stars on this website ...

It has been said on this website that HDMI 1.4 cables don't give the Co-Star any advantage, how wrong can this statement be ....!

Check out the YouTube video below on the difference between HDMI 1.3 (Older Standard) cables (You Can Get By Using HDMI 1.3 Cable On Your GTV Devices, But I Woud Not Advise It) and the HDMI 1.4 high Speed cables (Newer Standard) ...

The Co-Star video and audio quality is predicated by how fast the video and audio packett data speeds are ... The higher (Faster) the video and audio packett data are the better the quality of video and audio you will have on your Co-Star ...

Their is no way a HDMI 1.3 cable can match the packett data speeds of a HDMI 1.4 (High Speed) ... You would have to be totally ignorant or lack of understanding the difference between HDMI 1.3 and HDMI 1.4 cables ....

Here below is what a guy said about these HDMI cables on another forum .... If you read back through this thread you will see several people trying demean these cables http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...-cores-picture-pixel-crystal-clear-video.html ....6ft 28AWG High Speed HDMI® Cable With Ethernet w/ Ferrite Cores - Black

I found these HDMI cable to works best with the Vizio Co-Star too ... Giving superior video and audio ... If you have a AV receiver on your Co-Star set up, you want these HDMI 1.4 (High Speed) cables ...

Michael Davis (Said Below)Jun 19, 2013+

OK, ordered these cables and noticed an immediate improvement in picture quality. Even the sound seems clearer and crisper. Thanks!

*Ethernet Cables CAT # 6 cable (You Can Get By With Ethernet CAT # 5 cables on your Co-Star, But I would Not Advise It)

Notice in the bottom above photo Ethernet CAT # 6 cable is totally unique and most of you have no idea what it's all about either, it's about SPEED ... 99% of you most likely don't have this type of Ethernet cable connected to your Co-Star ... Again, notice in the top photo the broadband speeds are close to 52MB, that's because of the special Ethernet cables connected to my Co-Star ... Remember I said above my broadband home network speed is 40MB ....

If I tell you that a mosquito can pull a plu, don't ask how, just hook him up and ride ....! 99% of the things, tips tricks, hacks or anything else, I tell you about the Vizio Co-Star, believe me, I have already tested it several times before I give it to you ...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  17. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Interesting. Wisdom you know that there will always be naysayers to your posts - so to put all the naysayers to rest how about posting a picture of speedtest results using HDMI 1.3 cables and an ethernet Cat 5 cable? -:)

It would be interesting to compare the results.......

18. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Naw Cat, let the naysayers do their own HDMI CAT 5 speed test ....:cool: