Quantcast

GTV Box or Inbuilt Media Player App (Play mkv files)

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by tinsnow, Jul 10, 2012.

1. tinsnow

tinsnow Member

Hi,

I see the inbuilt Media Player app as "Coming Soon". So i purchased GTV box to play mkv movies and it does not work. Any suggestions on playing mkv files on NSZ-GS7. However this app works fine in first version of sony google tv i.e. nsz-gt1

Please suggest a good app to play multiple video files. (I don't like plex)

2. mcd2000

mcd2000 Active Member

3. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

I tried this mkv file in “GTVBox Media Player” (from a usb flash drive/NTFS/FAT32) and it worked. I haven’t tried Plex Server transcoding-features with GTVBox, but it sounds like something to give it a try (as a complement for audio transcoding).

4. tinsnow

tinsnow Member

I tested some more files which are MKV. looks like mkv's with DTS does not play and the ones with other audio codec's play well in GTVbox. Looks like the developer needs to get the box and implement new features and updates.

I remember seeing DTS option in the NSZ-GS7. may be I will disable DTS and try playing the files again.

About Plex. Thanks for the suggestion. I did not like plex because none of my files have a cover art. But plex in gtvbox sounds interesting. let me try that.

5. tinsnow

tinsnow Member

most of my mkv files do not play as they have dts sound track in it. The first generation of google tv had DTS inbuilt because of bluray disc support.
    Unless someone can confirm DTS functionality in NSZ-GS7 the box will not play the movies I have. if that is the case I will have to wait for the nsz-gp9 with the blu ray player inbuilt.