Quantcast

GTV asking to update not compatible app

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by alyaba, Aug 4, 2012.

1. alyaba

alyaba New Member

I have a sony Google tv and the listen App keeps notifying me of an update when I go to update it says app not compatible, there is no option to remove and I don't remember installing that app anyways. Has anybody seen anything like this??

When I go to the Play website it tells me that the app is a system app.

2. Chimerabb

Chimerabb New Member

No. If the app is a system app it will update with the system update. I never had this problem before and system apps cannot be removed. If it annoys you try a factory reset.

3. callanish

callanish Member

Google music is constantly doing this and google is aware of the issue. Every day I get the same info telling me there are updates. I try to update google music, and it says it's not compatible, so unless there is a way to turn these updates off, we're stuck with the issue.

4. dtaylor

dtaylor Member

This is happening to my Sony TV with the Google Music app. It's annoying.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

5. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Google listen is no longer being supported - Basically it has something to do with listening to podcasts I think - You can read about it at Official Google Blog: Giving you a better Google

Are you sure its the google listen app and not the google music app that says its needing an update as I have a sony google tv and it's not saying that to me as of yet.

6. tomcrown1

tomcrown1 Member

It is google music.

Google this is a joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Google music telling people it needs an update and being incompatible was reported to google 4 weeks ago and google is working on the problem still. Your lucky you have the problem as new google tv users can't install google music unless they sideload the old app since the problem affects all google tv users and not just generation one users :)

Over on google+ when it first happened people were mad since they could not access the program or even install it.