Quantcast

GTV 3.1 Question

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by rtalain, Dec 10, 2011.

1. rtalain

rtalain New Member

Just upgraded this morning and loving it, but when I'm watching TV, and I hit the home button, isn't the live TV still supposed to be viewable as the "home bar" appears at the bottom? When I hit the home button, the live TV screen (or any other screen I happen to be in when I hit the home button) goes really dark. I can still slightly make out what's going on, but it's nowhere near bright enough to be viewable. When I hit the home button again the screen brightens as the "home bar" disappears.

Is this the way it's supposed to work? Or is there a setting I can't find that would make the background activity still viewable as I'm poking around in the GTV home bar?

Ron

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yes, that's supposed to be how it works. I agree that the translucency of the Home screen's background is pretty limiting and does not lend well to seeing much behind it. I wish Google had employed an option to tailor its opacity but they didn't. The best you can do at this point is to play around with different Launchers from the Android Market to find if there's one more suitable to your desires.

• Like Like x 2
  3. rtalain

rtalain New Member

eferz,

Thanks for the reply. Now I can at least rest easy knowing there is nothing wrong with my set up. I guess I can always use a large PiP to see through to live TV.

Ron

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Glad to help. Sorry, it wasn't a better answer.

5. ColmARocK

ColmARocK New Member

Is just me or the old PIP apps was a lot more convivial than the new own ? I hate to have to go over the window, open a new window have to select the option and after that move the window...

I just don't understand the strategy behind that, is that PIP is customized by logitech for the Revue and by Sony for other devices ? because the keyboard key picture I have on my screen seems to be a schema of the Revue directional key.

Is the strategy is to minimize the mouse use, or the older one was to much customized and need to much dev to be ported on futur update ?

Maybe if I undestand the main idea it will be easier to accept the change.

Thanks.