Quantcast

GS8 user Subtitle Support

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by kudramx, Jan 9, 2014.

1. kudramx

kudramx New Member

I tried my best to do research before asking for help from the forum.. but I couldn't find a solution that worked so hopefully one of you can help :)

I have the Gs8 and I am trying to watch captain phillips the subtitles are not showing up.

The first solution everyone says to try is to name the .srt folder the exact same as the .avi file. Still no option
    The 2nd solution was to try to Vimu which i purchased from the app store. It now displays that subtitles are disabled but I don't see an option to turn them on. and when I use the remote and hit function '5' subtitles It does not turn them on or do anything.

So what other options are at my disposal for trying to get this to work?

It's challenging not knowing what the Somalians are trying to say. I can guess, and that has merit but I would still like subtitle control.

Thank you forum in advanced!

2. maurelio

maurelio New Member

I have the same problem, although the avi/mkv/mp4 files carry exactly the same names as the srt files, I cannot find any option of showing/playing the subtitles, apart from that, I am also unable to install avia or gtvbox. For the latter, it says "not available in your country". I am currently in Barbados.
    Any help will be appreciated, thanks!